The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Official 15th Annual Shootout Pic Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow! This year I missed the shootout but maybe Ill can go the 13th october to show my crazy 4g63t colt f3052. 10th october is my birthday so...it could be nice.:D

that would be a sweet b-day dude!!!!!!!!

Yeah Keith you bastard we (Paul and I) stopped by and spoke with your friends and I asked where you were at. He showed us the photo book with you in it.

The third pic down is actually some of my friends (Team Trinity). The red awd spyder right behind the red 2ga(John) was the awd spyder project that I was working on early in the year.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/gsxtuner/dsm shootout 07/meandjustinawdspyder.jpg

Keith: I had recognized the car from your thread, unfortunatley I didn't get to look at the car as close as I would have liked. Still looked very clean from what I did see. Is anyone from Team Trinity making it back for Round 2?

Dan: Tell me the Monster is going to make it this time... I am working on setting my car up for a different class this time around. :sneaky: :thumb:

Dan: Tell me the Monster is going to make it this time... I am working on setting my car up for a different class this time around. :sneaky: :thumb:
Ohh, the green monster is definitely coming for the re-schedule. I won't even let Dan attend without bringing his car. :p ;) haha

I slightly remember making fun of dan for his laziness in not getting his car fixed. I was drunk though.

I slightly remember making fun of dan for his laziness in not getting his car fixed. I was drunk though.
Dude, last night I found a video of you on my cell phone. You and Dale were doing some sort of karate in the BW parking lot. Pretty funny stuff....

Keith: I had recognized the car from your thread, unfortunatley I didn't get to look at the car as close as I would have liked. Still looked very clean from what I did see. Is anyone from Team Trinity making it back for Round 2?

The awd conversion turned out cleaner than expected. Without knowing I did it, you wouldnt be able to tell that it didnt come from the factory as an awd.

To the best of my knowledge, none of TT will make the rescheduled event due to work. They will be attending next year and if my son is manageable enough by then, my wife and I will also be attending. Now, I just need to find a trailer big enough to haul both mine and her dsm.;) I already have the truck for the haul, just got it earlier this year.

Yikes! Too much freerevving w/ Antilag?
That was my car that broke. Here is the story that I posted on DSMTalk.com:

Well let's start this off with this.... I live in Wisconsin which is about 8 hours from Norwalk Ohio.
My bestest buddy and I drove down in my Laser to witness the spectical that is the DSM Shoot Out. We left on Thrusday night at about 9pm and arived in Norwalk around 5 or 6 am. We set up our campsite and all is good YES WE MADE IT!!!

Fast forward to Satruday night......
I was at the Best Western having a good time when my buddy says hey you owe me a ride....I say yes I do!!
So I then have him and his buddy get in the car so we can make a couple of pulls since he has not had a ride in my car since I added a ton of parts.
First gear...Pulling like a slut in heat

Second gear...Pulling like 2 sluts in heat
The car has never run so good in it's life at this point!! My 2 buddys were like yeah this is awsome!! Your car pulls man!!!
Third gear........at around 4K the motor goes bababababababab POOF!!!
I loose all power!! I'm like shit I blew a T bolt clamp off....No big deal.....
Well I then coast to the side of the road and it starts to rain
We all get out and check all of my couplers, clamps and I'm like SHIT!! I make a call to my buddy and he shows up with like 10 other DSM'ers. We pulled the T belt cover off (upper) and all is fine????? Now I'm thinking the worst
I ask my buddy to go and get his truck and a strap to pull me back to the hotel for further investigation.
We get the car back the hotel and I say let's pull the pluggs out. So we grab the spark plug socket and start at #1 and it won't come out
We then try 2,3 and 4 they all come out
So my friends are like we have to pull the head and see what happened and I said OK.
At this point DSM Loki shows up with his Booz bong and I take a few slugs off of that to ease the pain. BTW it was delicious!! Thanks Loki
Well after about 45 mins we find the DISASTER
We found 1 of my exhaust valves laying on my piston !!!!!!!!!! and about 4 holes through the piston
I damn near broke down and cried at this point. I call Asmodeus and let him know of the bad news as the crowd starts to heard around what used to be my motor

The valve just broke and wrecked everything that I had and have worked so hard for the past 5 years.
When you are dealt lemons you must make lemonade....
So I just took out a loan to rebuild the motor to 500AWHP.

The best thing about this (if there is one) is that I had about 20 people offer me parts from their own personal stash that night so I could get home!!
Now I'm not just talking little parts but heads, valves, blocks all for FREE!!!! EVERYTHING!!!! This is the best group of people that I've EVER had the chance to meet and hang out with. I don't rember everyone's names but I just want to say:

THANKS
from the bottom of my heart for keeping my spirits up at that point and offering me everhthing under the sun.
I would also like to give a special thanks to the 2 Canadian DSM'ers that stopped to help me on the side of the road and hung out and fed me beers when the car was brought back to the hotel.
Again Thanks everyone!!
I will post pics of the mess the valve left me shortly.
SBR EVO III turbo ported, Ported head, polished pistons and combustion chamber, Stainless steel valves, prothane motor mounts, Greddy pro kevlar timing belt, Turbo XS HP boost controller, Cometic High Boost head gasket, SBR Street core FMIC Blowthrough, 3'GMAF, TIAL BOV, Pocket logger, FIC 650's Walb 190 lph/rewired, 3" VRS Stainless Steel Turbo Back Exhaust w/test pipe, SAFCII, Punishment Racing Stainless Tubular O2 housing, SAFCII EVOIII Exhaust manni. 308 AWHP @22psi

Some pics of the carnage:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

-Shane

great thread. i wish i weren't so busy...otherwise i'd be there.

I remember that :( dunno if you remember me, im the long haired tall guy who came up asking WTF happened and you told me it jumped timing. Glad to hear you are rebuilding her much stronger though :)

Most of the parts have arrived for the new build:
Eagle rods
Wiesco Pistons
JMF Race SMIM
ARP everything
44mm wastegate
exct.............
The turbo that I have selected is the FP 3052. I also purchased the O2 housing as well. It will look exactly like this:

I will be doing a build thread once the block/head gets back from the machine shop.

Dude, last night I found a video of you on my cell phone. You and Dale were doing some sort of karate in the BW parking lot. Pretty funny stuff....

I also remember something on the lines of me kicking dales ass in matrix karate.

Yeah Keith you bastard we (Paul and I) stopped by and spoke with your friends and I asked where you were at. He showed us the photo book with you in it.

yeah shit i even came back from iraq for 2weeks to make the meet and he still wouldnt come up with us. LOL. :tease: ROFL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back