The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

OEM Speedo ring gear MD717879 Discontinued. I am manufacturing new ones. App: Quaife KAAZ Differentials.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twicks69

Supporting Vendor
Mar 12, 2004
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
As a heads up, Mitsubishi finally discontinued the MD717879 speedometer ring gear that is used for all aftermarket LSD front differentials (KAAZ, Quaife, Wavetrac) for the F5M33, W5M33 DSM transmissions along with the W5MG1, W6MG1 3SI transmissions.

I am in the process of manufacturing a batch that will be ready around June 2021.

Applications include:
*Quaife QDH8B (25 spline AWD /early FWD)
*Quaife QDH7B (27 spline FWD)
*Quaife QDH16B (3000GT)
*KAAZ DBM2010 (25 spline AWD / early FWD)
*Cusco LSD 134A (25 spline AWD / early FWD)

It is not used in a stock transmission unless you are installing an aftermarket LSD front differential. It is heated up and dropped on, or press-fitted onto the differential housing. The stock open differential has it cast into the housing and is not removable.

If you are looking for one, please PM me directly or pre-order at the link below:
https://www.tmzperformance.com/shop/dsm3si-fwdawd-front-differential-speedometer-ring-gear/

I will update my website once the product has been received and will make it available at that time.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Still waiting to receive these from the manufacturer, they are 3 weeks behind schedule, should supposedly be done here soon!

Well I have 8 remaining from the first batch of 100, and I will be receiving another batch next week. Unfortunately due to material costs increasing I have to increase the price $5.00 to offset. If you need one, 5, 10, 20, let me know! MD717879 speedo gears are in stock!

I also have about 50x MD710663 tapered roller bearings in stock, which are used on the 27 spline front diffs. The regular roller bearings used on the 25 spline AWD front diffs, i usually have sealed versions in stock and the OEM Koyo open cage 6207 C3 bearings. I prefer the sealed ones as it reduces the debris damage to the bearings that is common due to the placement of the filter in the transmission.

I've been looking online for a bit now and can't find the information on the speedometer gear. I'm installing a quaife front diff. Which speedometer gear does this MD717879 gear fit? I have both large and small gear 2g sensors but I can't remember which is which. Even so this gear MD717879 isn't a dsm gear so what size sensor gear does it use? Took me a minute to figure out this part number. I always assumed there was a dsm part number.

This gear goes on the differential, it works with any speed sensor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back