The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

OEM Silver color Spray paint????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gieri002

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 25, 2008
Lake Minnetonka, Minnesota
I know that the oem spray paint on the silver 95's is code a52 minden silver pearl, but does anybody know of a dupli-color spray paint that is very close to identical, or of any other spray paint i can find easily, because none of the auto stores by me carry the exact color and i cant find it online without paying about $40 for a can. There are also no mitsu dealers for about 150 miles or i would go that route. :cry:

I had a local auto body shop mix me up a few cans for pretty cheap. Check the phone book and call around.

Have 4oz or 8oz of Acrylic Enamel mixed at your local auto parts store....and I mean a REAL auto parts store, not Advance, AutoZone, or Pep Boys.

A parts store that mixes paint should be able to add reducer and put it into a spray can for you, or you can mix it yourself in a Preval spray gun:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Most of the cheap-ass aftermarket touch-up paints are Lacquer, which dries quickly but dull and has no durability. This type of paint does not use a hardener or activator, which enables it to be put into a spray can (won't dry in the can) but compromises durability (never FULLY dries on the car).

Enamel dries harder than Lacquer and is more durable, but it takes longer to dry. Our cars come from the factory with a urethane base/clear paint, which requires a hardener or activator and cannot be put into a spray can because it will harden in the can only a few hours after the activator has been added.

Pricing depends on the color itself (reds are always more), but for an example 8oz. of Silver enamel at my place of employment would run you $12.95 plus $7.60 for a quart of reducer, and the Preval gun is $5.95. For $27 you would roughly have enough paint to spray a fender.

Thanks for all the quick responses guys, I would just go get a quart mixed but I don't have a compressor, I'm just a poor college kid. There is a paint shop around me here in duluth Minnesota, but they are WAY overpriced, they want $200 just to paint one door cap, and I think I could easily do it myself if I could find a can of spray paint!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back