The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

OEM seat swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bino4134

Probationary Member
Jan 6, 2003
Tonawanda
Do any seats of another mitsu seats swap into a 1g dsm. Im looking for something i can run a 4 point harness through and dont really want to empty my bank account on sparco/corbeau.
THX,
Drew

why dont you get ralliart racing sits? its on ebay.. i think it goes for under 200 dollar.. I'm thinkin of doing ralliart sits on my car.. i kno its not sparco or corbeau but it works if you want something cheap..

Those seats on ebay are cheap imitation that probably wont last a few months with out wearing through the cloth and/or ripping. If you researched those companies online they sell those exact same seats with mazdaspeed, nismo and sti on them. im looking for something that might last a while. But thx for the input.

I have a set of the cheapola seats and they have lasted over two years no rips or tears of any kind. Very surprising. I hope you can weld because you will need to weld up some flatbar for the brackets.

bino4134 said:
Those seats on ebay are cheap imitation that probably wont last a few months with out wearing through the cloth and/or ripping. If you researched those companies online they sell those exact same seats with mazdaspeed, nismo and sti on them. im looking for something that might last a while. But thx for the input.

Okay fine.. Let me ask you this than if you dont want to spend alot of money on good one that what do you expect to get? all i'm sayin is get a cheap imitation one than later on save up money and get the real sparco/corbeau sits than.. I mean you said you dont want to spend that much money.. that's why i said ralliart racing sits... Trust me look on ebay you could find decent one for around 300-400..

Hope you find the good racing sits..

bino4134 said:
Do any seats of another mitsu seats swap into a 1g dsm. Im looking for something i can run a 4 point harness through and dont really want to empty my bank account on sparco/corbeau.
THX,
Drew

If you're trying to save money you could always modify the stock seats:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/5point.html

here are my seats and for the price and them only being 20lbs. i think that is a great deal and stock is what 41lbs. i read that some were so dont hold me to it .they are also realy comfy .

Attachments

• seats1.jpg
    seats1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 436
  • seats2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 379
boostin1g said:
here are my seats and for the price and them only being 20lbs. i think that is a great deal and stock is what 41lbs. i read that some were so dont hold me to it .they are also realy comfy .

how much did they cost, where did you get them, and do they sit much higher than the stock seats inside the car?

Heres a link to some nice cheap seats I found:

http://216.242.145.9/shop/product.phtml?p=178&large=1

They seem to be really nice for the price ($150 a seat). I was thinking of just recovering some cloth 1g seats I had with some material similar to what Sparco uses, and also doing the 5-point harness mod. That would seem like an original way to customize your interior (maybe even get a Mitsu symbol or some cool DSM logo put on it too!).

boostin 1g- nice, i have the same seats in black... only thing is, i dont think theyre ractive... i spoke to someone at toucan industries when i wanted a set of ractive without the logos, adn they told me they didnt manufacture any without logos... all the dealers have told me the same as well. So i think i have some type of knockoff seats, theyre like sparco torino copies.
what brackets did you use to mount them? i tried making my own, very difficult... and frusterating... :confused:

boostin1g said:
Wow, and they really make your interior look roomy. Very homey, in fact.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back