The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Seat Brackets [Merged 4-7] rails corbeau tenzo dad d.a.d. sparco bracket recaro

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I talked with Corbeau at length; the problem is that the fundamental design of the bracket is screwed up. I sent them drawings of what needed to be changed, and asked if they'd consider making some, and short of driving there and giving them my car for a week - no.

My TRS seats and brackets fit perfect. No problems at all.
I actually didnt notice when I installed, that the bracket has a mounting point for harness's. when I put them in I was happy as sh!t to see this.

I love corbeau :) Always give good deals on the phone and awesome quality.

I hear all yal, my Corbea's didnt go in well either. I had to drill my own holes in some places and make some serious changes to the brackets. But I did it all in a afternoon and now there in and great...

Attachments

• aaron corbeau.jpg
    aaron corbeau.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 2,728
I beleive they are CR-4's. They are fully adjustable, and can slide....I like them alot....

ya noticed? Ha...well that was at a show and I slamm it all the way down the the coilovers. But i dont dare drive it that low....Take care

O.K. O.K. .................. I have searched and searched but noone seemed to follow up with any good info! I have recently aquired some of these D.A.D seats and the guy at the store I bought them said that the sliders were universal .....(yeah yeah I know that) BUT what about mounting brackets........... everyone seems to have FAB'd some of there own but left no specific instructions on how to do it!!!! anyone with some good info? It would be much appreciated!

:cry:

O.K. here I am replying to my own threads ... hopefully somone will look at these and give me some feed back!!! I found these on ebay and since I don't have access to make my own I'm guessing that these are my best shot .... I have the DAD racing seats that are ever so cheap but did not come with brackets............. SOOOOOOOO here ya go look at these!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2410583138&category=33725

They don't look so flash, but for the price they're about your best bet.

Most of the brackets on the market are made by Wedge Engineering, and I'm not very enthused about them (have a set for my Carreras, and I hate them).

I'm doing my own with some 2" angle iron to try to get a Recaro in; it's going to be interesting...

Good god, $160 for that? WHAT are those welds? Print out the picture, measure the dimensions, and see what a local metal shop would want to make them up for you. Seems awfully high for what's there.

Well I did what you said and printed the pic and took it to a local shop, the guy laughed at me and said I wouldn't waste my time or supplies..... so needless to say I gave him the finger and walked out..... then by chance I went to another shop and asked and the people were really helpful..... here's the outcome! He said that if I supplied the parts (about 50 $$$ total) he could FAB something for about $100 wich brings me to $150..... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I guess the one's on ebay for $160 are not that bad, and I don't have to waste my time!! When I get the project done I will let you know what I finally decided

Just wondering if anyone has tried to bust the OEM seat brackets off of the seats!!! They are held on by what looks to be some giant rivets!!!! I just want to know because it looks like if you could use these in place of some aftermarket brackets the seat would not sit so high!

:dsm:

oh CONTRAR MOFRAR!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered a set of these and the only thing I had to do was drill 2 new holes in the rear end of the bracket to line up with the sliders on the seat! I had no problems lining them up to the floorboard! PERFECT FIT!

You must have been a lucky one. Mine don't come close and the build quality sucks. An ape with a welder could have done a better job putting them together. Mine were warped and out of square. When I showed them to a local fabricator, he asked me who was the beginner who put these together.

yes i searched..... need some help just got me some sparcos for my 90 talon (1g), having a hard time finding brackets. anyone know somewhere i can get them. thanks:thumb:

not sure about the seats. I'd like to hear about the 3g eclipse.....WTF do you mean by abondoned? Do you know this for sure, how do you know? If it isn't yours I wouldn't mess with it. Someone might of stole it and left it there. Who the hell abandones a brand new car?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back