The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Odometer stopped working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsm1996Eclipse

Probationary Member
Apr 16, 2022
Reno, Nevada
Have the same issue don't know if anyone out there knows the actual reason for this problem, i know this post is really old so i don't know if ill even get a response.

Please make a new thread. I don't even see a problem in this thread.
Sorry, I thought it would show up I am new to these forums.

I am trying to figure out why the odometer stopped working. My tach and speedo work, all my lights do as well only thing that doesn't is my odometer.

Where should I start first?

Last edited by a moderator:
We are going to assume from your userId that the problem is with a 1996 Eclipse but the first thing you should do is fill out your profile so we know which kind of 1996 Eclipse you have.

The second thing you should do is download a copy of the 2G Factory Service Manuals and read the first one front to back.

If your speedometer works but the odometer doesn't, you may have to replace the gauge cluster. The speed signal to the gauges is a set of pulses and the cluster converts that to move the needle and turn the odometer.

I don't remember anyone digging that far into the gauge cluster to repair the internal drive for the odometer.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back