The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

odd hp and tq readings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclpsegsx12

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 16, 2003
Tucson, Arizona
i had my car on the dyno awhile back and ended up putting down 397 whp and 298 ft-lbs for tq......it was running 92 octane pump gas with 19-20 psi and i didnt make my peak power until 7700 rpm....look at my car profile for my mods....im now wondering if it would be due to my comp race cams(202's or whatever).....i was getting *some* knock at 20 psi on pump but nothing bad....could it just have bad overlap...also, it doesnt seem like my turbo(t3/o4e 50 trim from agp spools all that fast.....it put down the peak tq at 6600 rpm also...i was getting about 23-24 degrees of timing at full boost but im wondering why it didnt put down closer to about 340 for tq....

any ideas?

im tuning with the aem ems btw...

What does your timing look like? I'm guessing that you don't have much.... Also, what do you consider "some" knock? What's your voltage reading? (You are using a 2G knock sensor, right?) And, did you actually set up your knock table?

There are too many variables that would cause your torque reading to be low, especially without giving enough iformation about it....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back