The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Odd engine surging problem when warm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler Davis

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 18, 2019
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Hey guys, my car has been having this weird problem where when I am accelerating or holding the throttle in the 1500-2500 rpm range it starts to surge and jerk.it does not happen for the first 15 mins of driving but after 15 mins it does it consistently I’ve tried cleaning my IAC, changing injectors, changing my MAF, boost leak tested it. Has anyone else had this issue? It’s a DSM so I would assume so LOL

Thanks

Sounds like a fuel problem to me. Is your O2 sensor in good condition & working correctly?

I would check the fuel pump, the fuel pressure regulator and all wiring/connections for MAF.
I don't know if this helps but here is my experiences.
I had an issue before that when the engine was cold ran fine but after 10-15 min like after the engine got the normal operating temp, the car started to act very weird. It was a bad fuel pump. The pump was working fine when cold but after 10-15 min pump went hot and stopped working as it should. Just replaced with a new and the issue was solved. And this is not with a dsm, with a motorcycle, it also had a very similar issue that if the engine was cold it ran fine but after the engine got hot the engine hardly revved up, like bogging. It was a bad fuel pressure regulator.

I would check the fuel pump, the fuel pressure regulator and all wiring/connections for MAF.
I don't know if this helps but here is my experiences.
I had an issue before that when the engine was cold ran fine but after 10-15 min like after the engine got the normal operating temp, the car started to act very weird. It was a bad fuel pump. The pump was working fine when cold but after 10-15 min pump went hot and stopped working as it should. Just replaced with a new and the issue was solved. And this is not with a dsm, with a motorcycle, it also had a very similar issue that if the engine was cold it ran fine but after the engine got hot the engine hardly revved up, like bogging. It was a bad fuel pressure regulator.
Thanks I’ll have to try that

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back