The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

OBX has new 4g64 manifold (looks similar to ERL Placement)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I feel like the way you routed the dipstick it looks great! However I am worried about your issues with the alternator relocation, because I am getting one as well and boy do I hope I do not have problems with the belt coming off. Nothing sucks more dick than having brandname parts fail or not fit how they are supposed to.

Thanks. Getting the p/s pump to line up correctly is the main issue I've had. I also swapped to a shorter belt for the alternator cause mine was too long. I used a Dayco belt, 5040330 I believe. It fits perfect. The one they supplied was too long and adjusted the rod till it was at the end of the threads. Other than that, if you can get the p/s pump to line up properly, you're good. They told me I may have to bend the bracket some. Just used a cresent wrench to do that easily enough. Still a pain to get it perfectly straight though.

Oh no PS for me, so I guess I am in the clear! :) Once I get my OBX mani I will post pics in here as well.

All this necessary modifications to inhibit inevitable cracking on this particular manifold should deter all viewers of this thread from purchasing this manifold from OBX.

Stay away!

I'll say, please give me money to afford a nice expensive manifold, and I'll trade mine in. But for some reason I don't feel this will happen. BUT, if you really don't want people to run this manifold, my paypal is my user name @hotmail.com. feel free to send away :)

All this necessary modifications to inhibit inevitable cracking on this particular manifold should deter all viewers of this thread from purchasing this manifold from OBX.

Stay away!

And with a statement like this I'd assume you have some personal experience with this exact manifold and can document it's failures? If so I'm all ears. If not please keep uneducated opinions to yourself and out of my thread. :thumb:

Just for the record... my manifold is still holding up nicely. That being said, if it falls apart tomorrow you all will be the first to know.

And with a statement like this I'd assume you have some personal experience with this exact manifold and can document it's failures? If so I'm all ears. If not please keep uneducated opinions to yourself and out of my thread. :thumb:

Just for the record... my manifold is still holding up nicely. That being said, if it falls apart tomorrow you all will be the first to know.

Well spoken:thumb:

If you can't afford a manifold...you really think you can afford the repairs for when something breaks? This is what kills me on this forum. You guys have bubble gum and duck tape holding your cars together and your wallets full of lies. Learn how to fab and weld at your local college. I've had more built cars than I can count and added up the costs.

If you can't afford a manifold...you really think you can afford the repairs for when something breaks? This is what kills me on this forum. You guys have bubble gum and duck tape holding your cars together and your wallets full of lies. Learn how to fab and weld at your local college. I've had more built cars than I can count and added up the costs.

Again… Unless you have personal experience with the manifold being discussed please don’t clog up the thread with opinions. None of us are concerned with your feelings towards the parts we use on our cars.

Not to mention that some of us have skills that you apparently lack, so it's not a problem for us. No bubble gum or tape for me. And my car doesn't have a bunch of halfassed work done to it.

I don't recall anyone on here saying this was the greatest manifold out there. And I know I personally said that I knew what I was getting myself into. :rolleyes:

Why buy something then have to work on it? Might as well fab it yourself! I buy things ONE time and I'm done with it. I've gone down the nickel and dining route before.

Maybe because not everyone has the fat wallet that you do. Ever think about that?

I can't wait to get this manifold and run it on my car! I go back to work on Monday, just waiting for my trans parts to come from TRE so I can put my broken trans back together and switch to the 70AR HX40 set up.

v8s_are_slow I think I will brace the waste pertrusion in a similar fashion as you did. But I don't think I will add all the other bracing because I really want to test this thing with minimal mods.

My car now is on 33psi on a hx35 and meth and runs amazingly. I feel like this mani and new turbo should net me a lot more power since the hx35 is maxed out.

How are your manis holding up guys?

Well, here's one I took about an hour ago. Still holding up.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Man that looks great! I love how much clearance you get from the waterpipe, which means you get good clearance from the block too.

Thanks man. I know it's kinda hard to see any parts under the hood with all the bubble gum and tape I have in there to hold everything together ;)

Would love to get this little HX35 up to around 30 psi. Wondering what airflow numbers i'd be seeing out of it.

Thanks man. I know it's kinda hard to see any parts under the hood with all the bubble gum and tape I have in there to hold everything together ;)

Would love to get this little HX35 up to around 30 psi. Wondering what airflow numbers i'd be seeing out of it.

I dono about bubble gum, but I noticed it appears you have some white tape residue on your upper radiator hose, where you trying to fix a coolant leak? :p

Anyways, on my 8blade HX35 with a 55AR housing at 30psi I see about 52-53ish lbs/min. I am not sure if you have the 8blade or 7blade, but it would be kind of interesting if you have an 8blade to compare airflow numbers between the 70AR housing and the bolt on housing!

If you have a 7blade I think you should see over 55lbs/min at 30psi without a problem.

Yeah, I should've just done it right and bought another hose versus trying to put tape on it. But gotta keep up the reputation of this forum and do stuff half ass'ed. Lol.

Anyway, yes, I have an 8 blade. Gotta tune this thing some more. I'm not running meth though. Gonna see how much I can get on pump gas. You might need to come down to my boost level once that's done so we can compare it more properly :)

Dude trust me, if you can get meth or E85 do it, On my set up according to DSMlink I gained almost 150+ HP from going from straight pump gas to methanol with more timing at the same boost level!!!! It is well worth the money, I have ran a bunch of different meth set ups if you are thinking about meth PM me and I can let you how to set it up so its reliable and very simple to hook up with very little secondary relays and reliable lines!

Either way doing a good work man, but going straight pump gas on these holset set ups you are selling your car short from the amount of power they can really make!

I always thought meth and E85 was the same thing....just different names for it. Guess I need to do some research on it though. You have me thinking about it now. That's a large horsepower gain though if that's how much you're actually getting by using it. Guess I'm gonna research now so I'm not cluttering up this thread with unrelated stuff though.

Dude trust me, if you can get meth or E85 do it, On my set up according to DSMlink I gained almost 150+ HP from going from straight pump gas to methanol with more timing at the same boost level!!!! It is well worth the money, I have ran a bunch of different meth set ups if you are thinking about meth PM me and I can let you how to set it up so its reliable and very simple to hook up with very little secondary relays and reliable lines!

Either way doing a good work man, but going straight pump gas on these holset set ups you are selling your car short from the amount of power they can really make!

Details on the setup, HP output and boost levels please! I'm finding this one VERY,very hard to believe, but i'll give you the benfit of the doubt if you can toss us some dyno sheets up showing what the car is making currently.

Where are you getting the methanol at? I only had one source for it in town and they shut down this past summer so now i have to order it or drive to the next major city over 45minutes from here

Holy batman!!! I have a meth kit if you got 150 hp at same boost I need to hook mine up real quick and get back to the dyno all I need is 47hp to get into that 600whp club:banghead: . Like glenn said give us little more details on what you did and how you tuned that baby to get such high results I am very curious:hmm: And all ears!!

Switching to any fuel and gaining 150hp with no other changes is total BS, completely impossible. (aside from nitro) Not to mention Methanol is a horrible fuel to try and run in a daily driver and has a whole laundry list of associated problems. I wasn't going to waste my time replying to such a bogus post... but here I am! Had a PM out to a mod to delete all the BS floating around in this thread that isn't relevant to the topic. Hopefully they come through here and wipe out all this crapola. Including this post! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kelvin, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high on this one, I doubt any retort will be backed with proof if there's one tocome at all.The MOST i've seen on a water injection gain over pumpgas is about 50hp and about 50tq, and usually it's a torque gain of 40-50hp and only about 10-20hp netted. I studied the hell out of water injection wheni first putmine on and google many many dyno results of bakc to back tests and about the best i found was a .pdf on the AMS EVO (i'll see if i can dig it up)

and here is is
http://www.amsperformance.com/pdfs/maxpower.pdf

these are the largest gains i've seen from anything of the 2.0 liter realm on up to grand nationals when tuning on w/a injection over straight pump gas.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back