The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

420A obdII wiring and cel issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh_effin_tyre

Proven Member
May 8, 2015
JESUP, Georgia
I bought a 99 eclipse rs for my wife in 2011. I noticed the obdII port wouldn't power a code reader, no big deal it had not thrown a cel so no worries. However about 3 weeks later it did but still ran fine so I haven't looked into it. After driving it for a couple years I noticed small thing but at that point I didn't care, it's been almost 4 years and now I'm curious about it. It had 160,000 miles when I bought it and is now over 245,000. Now I'm ready to remedy the problem, my question is since the 16 plug, obdII power supply isn't producing power, can I just run a wire from the battery or would it be better to use a fused accessory? The symptoms include a cel being on for months then going out randomly for weeks b4 coming back, the engine being peppy only when it wants to which is strange because one day it acts like it's stuck in a tar pit and the next day with the same weather conditions it will run like a raped date. Also I noticed a severe soot deposit inside the tip of the muffler, is it running rich? It doesn't use oil. My 420a has a front bumper exit cai, msd coilpack, and header, and sorry it's such a long post

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back