The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved O2 Sensor Wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyderdrifter

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2009
Somewhere in, Colorado
I'm finally starting to do my wire tuck and got to my front O2S. I noticed this braided wire running along the other 4, but it wasn't connected to the plug. What needs to be done here for this? I do plan on getting new plug connectors soon, so none are broken, so if it needs to be attached inside, I'll be able to.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

thats the shielding wire for the signal. should be spliced into the ground wire.

its the broken (dashed) lines on the diagram

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-29_1-3-36.png
    upload_2021-1-29_1-3-36.png
    35 KB · Views: 17
here is how its connected at the ecu side of the harness

unfortunately i don't have the sensor end to see how it terminates. the shielded wires have the green casing so maybe you can check on one of the other ones. (the front o2, rear o2 and knock sensor).

they may only be spliced in on the ecu end, i couldn't tell you for sure

Last edited:
Shielding wires only needs one end grounded. If it's grounded at the ECU you should be good. The shielding only covers the length of the shielding wire is wrapped. The electrical cross talk interference is going to happen from other wiring bundled inside the harness. There is less chance of cross talk once the harness branches out to the individual connectors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back