The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

O2 housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

szewczyd

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2003
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
I will finally admit it to myself that I need to get a new 02 housing and replace my stock 1g. Now the question is what to get. Money is definately a factor but not a great one. Under 200 is what I am looking for. I really like the tubular ones and hear that they are great but hard to find one under 200 bucks. Now I am thinking about getting a external dump 02 housing but some one told me they are for track use only and I do drive my car full time except for in the winter. They said they had a friend whos directed the exhaust right on their oil filter and it actually melted it. What should I do? Also what are som pretty good external; dumping O2 housings? Thanks

External dump O2's are very loud and the cops don't like them :D If you are looking for a internal dump and a little more power then upgrade to a 2G or even an EVO O2 housing they are priced under $200 and flow good for factory units. I personally use the external dump and love the sound but it really is up to you. I don't like to recommend products or manufacturers so I won't be much help there, sorry. There are people who make external dumps that go passed the oil filter, but they are not usually under $200.

Slow boy Racing has 2g 02's for 100 bucks and you can look at 122 performance's 02 in the parts shopper on this site, its an external dump and is less than 200, also a good one.

My external in not very loud at all. It just sounds like a loud hiss. tubular is always better for flow spool and will also keep egt's down. Ported cast mitsu o2's are pretty much junk.

I'm looking to get an external dump and was looking at both the Joe P one and the 122 performance. The Joe P looks really good and it's only 150 bux shipped. The dump tube though doesn't look as long as the 122 performance one (170 shipped). Help...

I am also looking into an externamly dumped o2, May I ask where you found the Joe P and 122 Performance ones?

Originally posted by jdmawd
My external in not very loud at all. It just sounds like a loud hiss. tubular is always better for flow spool and will also keep egt's down. Ported cast mitsu o2's are pretty much junk.

i would like to emphisize the ported cast o2's are pretty much junk

jdmawd i have the exact same thoughts on mine, but my brother left in my car and i told him to hit full boost, the sh!t is alot louder outside of the car, i was very suprised. it reminded me of the drag cars(imports of course) but i have no cat or resonators on a 3" exhaust.

i got mine with a o2 eliminator downpipe at a exilent price from rnr racing

hey szewczyd,
where in WI are you.. I have a o2 dump on my car that I am looking to trade for a ported 02.....interested?

I am in Stevens Point....being this is my daily driver I cant ship, we would have to meet

i live in the Oconomowoc area, check your email I emailed you about it.
Also I forgot to mention that my car is in storage.Let me know

For everyone else is it just me or does the Punishment racing o2 housing look identical to the Joe P o2 housing?

yeah I used to live in hartland so I know where that is....it was made by a friends who has a shop, its great on the top end and at highway speeds (turns alot of heads which I hate) thats the reason I am getting rid of it.,..I dont like people having another reason to second glance my car, yes it clears the filter and no problems with it ever...good hunting....my advise would be to get an external wastegate and reroute it back into the exhaust...its the best of both worlds...good in the top end and doesnt sound like an unmuffled beater IMO:thumb:

122performance are ok. Watch out for some of the welds they do. I had to dremel the area areound 2 bolt because they decided to weld over some of the bolt areas which didn't sit flat when screwed in.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back