The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

o2 housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1gengsxz3

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2007
Novato, California
i need a new o2 hosuing but i don't wanna get another stock one when i'm planing on getting an evo III very soon. but if i got the evo III would i need an Evo III mani and 3" down pipe if thats what size o2 hosuing i get? i need a new one because my down pipe is isnt bolting on any more with the nuts and it's got an exhaust leak.

i need a new o2 hosuing but i don't wanna get another stock one when i'm planing on getting an evo III very soon. but if i got the evo III would i need an Evo III mani and 3" down pipe if thats what size o2 hosuing i get? i need a new one because my down pipe is isnt bolting on any more with the nuts and it's got an exhaust leak.

If you dont want to buy a new o2 housing you can just buy the oem studs. But who wants to do that. I just installed my evo 16g and purchased a 2.5in o2 housing with a wastegate dump and love it. There are plenty of aftermarket housing out there to choose from or you could go the cheap route and buy a 2g housing and port the hell out of it.

but could i only do a 3 inch o2 housing and not do anything else to the exhaust or turbo for awhile?

I got my 2.5" o2 housing from Punishment Racing. It's the best price I've seen, it bolts up the the stock and 3" DP. And did I mention it's a great price? I've had the mild steel housing for about 6mo now and the paint hasn't even chipped. I would reccomend getting new studs and nuts, just for safety (I didn't, and got lucky one didn't break). And this should bolt up flawlessly to 16g turbo, since it's a mitsu turbo.

FYI the old housing is a b-i-itch to get off. Use 6pt sockets and wrenches, and have a few universal swivels on hand, they'll break...

ok so if i leave my turbo at a 14 b i'll be chill right i don't want to uprgade yet but i will in the future

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back