The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

O2 Housing Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BE4TNUT

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 9, 2003
MassachusettsUS
First off, will I pass emissions testing with an external dump setup? Also is a wastegate necessary for an external setup? I have a lightly modded eclipse and I am planning on going with a SS O2 eliminator downpipe with a high flow cat and an Apexi N1 catback. Will I have any boost creep issues with the stock t25? Here is what my car has so far:

HKS SSQ BOV
Greddy Intercooler Piping
Iinjen Intake

Thanks,
BE4TNUT

Originally posted by BE4TNUT
First off, will I pass emissions testing with an external dump setup? Also is a wastegate necessary for an external setup? I have a lightly modded eclipse and I am planning on going with a SS O2 eliminator downpipe with a high flow cat and an Apexi N1 catback. Will I have any boost creep issues with the stock t25? Here is what my car has so far:

HKS SSQ BOV
Greddy Intercooler Piping
Iinjen Intake

Thanks,
BE4TNUT

1. No

2. yes an external wastegate is needed for and external (Hence the term EXTERNAL )

3. Buy a boost controller. If the T-25 pushes more than 15-16 lbs of air, it will be nothing but heat. If ypu plan on keeping the T-25 for a while, there is no use in getting a SS 02. Just use the stock o2 and buy a 3 inch when you buy a bigger turbo. Oh, btw with your set up, creep shouldn't be an issue.

1) Yes, you can pass emission testing with an external dump you will not create enough boost on the tread mill to open the gate and make it dump, most times you will not even be put on the treadmill.

2) You do not need an external gate to have an external dump o2 housing.

well if the guy doing your smog see's the external wastegate he will probally crap in his pants and faint for seeing such a thing on a smog legal car :)

you can have external dump without an external wastegate
internal wastegate dumped to the atmosphere

you can pass smog with an external wastegate it wont open up with them just testing it. but then again you do have a T-25 :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back