The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

O-ringed 2.3 Stroker block, what should I do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xtremboost87

Proven Member
Jul 22, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
So I just bought a built 2.3 Stroker bottom end. The block surface was O-ringed with copper O-rings. The block was used before so it has been mated to a head before. I have my own built head that I want to put on this block. My questions are, will these O-rings need to be redone before I slap a head gasket and my head on it? Or should they be ok to reuse? What head gasket will I need to use? My head does not have receiving grooves machined into it, will it need to be? I really have no idea how this O-ringed situation works LOL.

Would it be easier or cheaper just to have a machine shop deck the block head back to flat, and not use O-rings? Any advice or info is greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

You cant deck the block that much or you will have major slack in timing belt and not to mention valve head clash i would to some research into what shop did the work to get orings and get a micrometer to check the overall diameters .if its copper its crush ring that you probably want to replace

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back