The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

NYS SLEEP ACT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my98gsx

Supporting VIP
Aug 14, 2005
Wappingers, New_York
Those of you who live in New York are in for a treat. If you have not heard NYS is in the process of passing the SLEEP act (Stop Loud Excessive Exhaust Pollution) which will outlaw exhaust modifications that make an exhaust louder. This is a total joke! New York State, where they just made smoking marijuana legal but its now going to be a $1,000 fine to have a turbo back exhaust on your car! I don't say this too much on here but I am a Police Officer in New York. I am one cop that will NEVER write this ticket. Here is a link for those who are interested... God help us. Anyone want to sell me a Florida address so I can change my plates haha!

Those of you who live in New York are in for a treat. If you have not heard NYS is in the process of passing the SLEEP act (Stop Loud Excessive Exhaust Pollution) which will outlaw exhaust modifications that make an exhaust louder. This is a total joke! New York State, where they just made smoking marijuana legal but its now going to be a $1,000 fine to have a turbo back exhaust on your car! I don't say this too much on here but I am a Police Officer in New York. I am one cop that will NEVER write this ticket. Here is a link for those who are interested... God help us. Anyone want to sell me a Florida address so I can change my plates haha!

Looks like this stupid law passed, no surprise with all the dems in office.

Its illegal to modify factory exhaust in any state, has it not been know for decades? All aftermarket parts state for off road use only. Im not for it but its been something we have been dealing with for ever really. Back in 2005ish, here in my part of the state they cracked down hard on aftermarket exhaust. Up until like 2018 you saw everyone with a stock muffler. Just now ived noticed the law boys have been more lenient as of late with it, so over xmas i bought my self a rtm catback for my 2g. I still dont drive it into town tho LOL.

I hear you brother. The douchebaggery in Illinois is pretty much the same. Crime is rampant but they punish law abiding citizens and put murderers and rapists on house arrest. Not an exaggeration.

I am woken up at 4:30 am by a jeep with an exhaust. I am again woken up at 6am by a mustang with an exhaust. There are dozens of cars each hour that go full throttle in the 35mph zone behind my house.

People are their own worst enemy. I wish people would be more considerate of others in this world. Driving is a privilege and the roads are paid for by taxpayers.

Its illegal to modify factory exhaust in any state, has it not been know for decades?
False, many states still allow aftermarket mufflers as long as the total emitted noise is below a certain decibel rating.

Over here in 'bama they haven't cracked down on anything whatsoever when it comes to modifying cars, besides tinting your front windshield. That's a hefty ticket.
I've had aftermarket exhaust on every vehicle I've ever owned and never been pulled or fined. Though someone I know got ticketed for having open headers, which is understandable.

I am woken up at 4:30 am by a jeep with an exhaust. I am again woken up at 6am by a mustang with an exhaust. There are dozens of cars each hour that go full throttle in the 35mph zone behind my house.

People are their own worst enemy. I wish people would be more considerate of others in this world. Driving is a privilege and the roads are paid for by taxpayers.
Yeah that sucks. What sucks even more is moving to a quiet area and a few years after you move O'Hare airport undergoes an expansion and routes, what it seems like, all of the traffic right over your house.

Just saw those signs lately near white plains mall

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back