The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

NWHTanK's Eclipse GST (AWD swap)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orderd a Raven fab non thermostat water neck today. This will complement the SS water pipe.

View attachment 665095
keep an eye on this as they designed it wrong, everyone does for us for some reason! its meant to be in at the top and out at the bottom! remember air rises! your likely to push air around with this design! thats WHY I made my own since no one made it properly!

take a look at mine to see how it should be designed

Educate me. Seeing how it setup simular to oem and draws off the over flow. Unless thier is a leak , u shouldn't be moving air around the cooling system.
Its not like oem as oem does not use a swirl pot! 2 completely different setups.

Air in the system / engine comes out. Rises to the top of the swirl pot. and in this instance will push out once its opened the rad cap.

The proper way is the coolant enters at the top and sucks from the bottom, remember that air rises!!!
This is 2 fold. 1, it stops air being pushed/sucked out the top if the fluid gets low, 2, if its not full in the pot and then your sucking air around!

With the design like you have coming and others made for us is most likely to push air around.. in a good ideal setup a twin setup is ideally the best going forward but we all know space is limited in some bays to do that.

Higher quality pics thanks to a new phone. More parts added to the build. Boosted fab engine and Trans mounts, Boosted fab fender braces and Raven fab thermostat hosing. Also I will be switching to electric water pump in the future.

20220820_123311.jpg

20220821_073825.jpg

20220821_073850.jpg

Yeah its nice to see the rotating assembly that I bought years ago finnaly getting installed in a block. I've been on a weeks vacation cleaning up the garage and can actually see the garage floor finnaly. I shaved the alternator ear off the oil pump months ago, so last night I was up late shaving the alternator ear off the engine block. Today placed a order for bolts, gaskets,seals, evo 9 Kevlar timing belt, I want as little color (reds,blue,yellow) as possible. Changing out things yet again (small) order a RMR 75 throttle body and going Saturn rear mount alternator. So im getting ready to really start building this winter.

Got a water pump block off plate from Jay racing. Doing a little mock up on a spare block (the alternator ear is shaved off the block in the machine shop). Waiting on bungs for the turbo and waste gate so I can get it all welded up.

received_1234439424069240.jpeg

received_499047978221451.jpeg

received_1101725770737962.jpeg

Good thing to do a mock up and get things settled before final assembly. 2 issues. 1 this motor had the old school 7 bolt oil pump in a 6 bolt, so I need to track down a 6 bolt tensioner arm. 2 the bung on the remote filter housing is to close to the fluid damper, so going to change it out to 8orb banjo fitting and hopefully that should give me the clearance.

20220911_140915.jpg

20220911_140931.jpg

I appreciate people coming up with new ideas and still supporting this platform. I will definitely be buying their heater core delete plug but is this any better than the OEM plug MB272166?

Some parts took years of searching to find and purchase.. Point in case front tube subframe. If my memory is correct it was part of limited group buy in 2015. I didn't get in on and found one up for sale 5 years later. While some parts took years to complete, point in case quick ratio depowed stearing rack almost 2 years complete. And then the money to get some parts, Dogbox, built tcase, built rear diff. Thier are still parts that I want that either rare,hard to get, or cost alot and havnt made the budget yet. Those are a Adelia, tube up front arms, billet block. This journey has been fun so far, just soucing this site and others to find the stuff I have wanted. So Im ready to move on and actually start building!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back