The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

NWHTanK's Eclipse GST (AWD swap)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truck got some up grades! Hey google take me to Tim Zimmer! Also added wireless phone charging.

20220410_164201.jpg

Not yet. Trans,tcase,rear diff, doors,hatch,sun roof plug ,rear subframe and header are on order. Still need to get machine work done to the block. Orderd some of the oiling system mon, a Peterson remote adjustable pressure regulator and a remote filter housing with thermostat.

I like them that they have done and the new taller version

Well some of the oiling system showed up today. Improved racing oil filter housing with built in thermostat and M22 x 1.5 bung. Currently have a wix 57045 oil filter on it. I can go bigger or a smaller filter with the bung. Beside it a Peterson oil press regulator. Other than a cooler, lines and fittings . Oiling system is almost done.

20220428_181215.jpg

Well some of the oiling system showed up today. Improved racing oil filter housing with built in thermostat and M22 x 1.5 bung. Currently have a wix 57045 oil filter on it. I can go bigger or a smaller filter with the bung. Beside it a Peterson oil press regulator. Other than a cooler, lines and fittings . Oiling system is almost done.

View attachment 660086
That's purdy!

I forgot to mention. On the filter hosing you can see extensions on one side. Those are drilled and tapped for 1/8 sensor , one for temp, and one for pressure. The adapter that bolts to the block has one also. It will be used for link and the ones on the filter housing is for the guage. All the fittings are 10 an..

ACW rear hatch plexiglass showed up today. I know I said was going with volk on a rear subframe , but guess what showed up last week NDD. 2 and a half months behind thier build quote time. First impression it's not to bad. It's a good thing I have a jig. They didn't put 4 braces in ( like what the f). Second don't think you are just gonna throw in volk arm in thier subframe with out modifications. 1 the spacers for the hiem joints need turned down no biggy for me since I have a lathe. 2 thier lower arm that the sway bar mounts to is base off the 3g so it put the end link on the front side of the arm, so with that being said the sway bar mounts on the subframe are forward roughly 1 1/2 inches forward . So I have redo the sway bar mounts. It's good thing I didn't opt for powder coating.

Attachments

• 20220515_200029.jpg
    20220515_200029.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220515_200004.jpg
    20220515_200004.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 55
ACW rear hatch plexiglass showed up today. I know I said was going with volk on a rear subframe , but guess what showed up last week NDD. 2 and a half months behind thier build quote time. First impression it's not to bad. It's a good thing I have a jig. They didn't put 4 braces in ( like what the f). Second don't think you are just gonna throw in volk arm in thier subframe with out modifications. 1 the spacers for the hiem joints need turned down no biggy for me since I have a lathe. 2 thier lower arm that the sway bar mounts to is base off the 3g so it put the end link on the front side of the arm, so with that being said the sway bar mounts on the subframe are forward roughly 1 1/2 inches forward . So I have redo the sway bar mounts. It's good thing I didn't opt for powder coating.
With such a long wait time I expect something close to perfection but I'm glad you're gonna be able to make it work.

To be honest you are better off getting on Volks list. The only thing I don't like is the billet rear diff cover won't work with his subframe. He has done one and has said he won't do another with billet rear cover. With my rear diff being built , evo locker, Weir plates,Ninga side plate, billet caps, the billet cover compliments it all to make for the strongest 2g avail. Then 3k rear diff , then the ford. The 2g can handle what I'm making and I already had the parts.

Fuel pump mods. 3 bulk head fittings,2 6an and one 8an. I moved the 6an roughly a quarter of a inch to compensate for the arc in the pump bracket. Siphon and return swaped locations. I'm waiting on a 90 fitting to make sure it clears the 8an feed. Then Thurs braze weld the original holes closed.

20220531_191239.jpg

Yeah trust me , last Dec they told me it was half way finished. I was pulling my hair out and exploring volk . He straight out told me it would take a year. So when I told NDD that I was pulling the plug and wanted a refund they told me 2 more weeks, then it got turned into 4 then 6 . It isn't complete. They didn't add 2 braces per side so im going to finish it with DOCOL.

Well after texting back and forth with Morrison Fab, I've decided to go with thier O2 down pipe combo which will be replacing the punishment racing O2 and traditional down pipe. Also since alt relocating to the back , pws delete, and remote ofh. They can customize it a bit from the pick and make the arc a bit more fluid.

Screenshot_20220610-164935_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20220610-164919_Messenger.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back