The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

NWHTanK's Eclipse GST (AWD swap)

ec17pse

Freelancer
Nov 1, 2008
London, UK, Europe
Orderd a Raven fab non thermostat water neck today. This will complement the SS water pipe.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
keep an eye on this as they designed it wrong, everyone does for us for some reason! its meant to be in at the top and out at the bottom! remember air rises! your likely to push air around with this design! thats WHY I made my own since no one made it properly!

take a look at mine to see how it should be designed

ec17pse

Freelancer
Nov 1, 2008
London, UK, Europe
Educate me. Seeing how it setup simular to oem and draws off the over flow. Unless thier is a leak , u shouldn't be moving air around the cooling system.
Its not like oem as oem does not use a swirl pot! 2 completely different setups.

Air in the system / engine comes out. Rises to the top of the swirl pot. and in this instance will push out once its opened the rad cap.

The proper way is the coolant enters at the top and sucks from the bottom, remember that air rises!!!
This is 2 fold. 1, it stops air being pushed/sucked out the top if the fluid gets low, 2, if its not full in the pot and then your sucking air around!

With the design like you have coming and others made for us is most likely to push air around.. in a good ideal setup a twin setup is ideally the best going forward but we all know space is limited in some bays to do that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds