The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A NVT350 transmission swap into 99 GS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stizzydrew

Proven Member
Nov 11, 2021
Los Angles, California
Will this transmission be able to be a direct swap for my 99 eclipse GS?
I might need a rebuild but I’m told rebuilds aren’t worth it so I’m just preparing my self to start looking and getting the knowledge of which can be swapped in while I save for a potential rebuild.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Will this transmission be able to be a direct swap for my 99 eclipse GS?
I might need a rebuild but I’m told rebuilds aren’t worth it so I’m just preparing my self to start looking and getting the knowledge of which can be swapped in while I save for a potential rebuild.
Never mind found my answer

But what did he mean by different shifter cables and arms? Do I have to source a different shifter cable? I’m kinda confused on that part .

Never mind found my answer

But what did he mean by different shifter cables and arms? Do I have to source a different shifter cable? I’m kinda confused on that part .
The shifter arms and shifter cables are different for any other dodge models. You can re-use the ones you currently have though.

When you have the transmissions laid side by side you'll see the differences. Mounts, cables, arms etc... Worst case scnario you have to swap over the belhousing because they varied from year to year. But that's not hard at all.

The shifter arms and shifter cables are different for any other dodge models. You can re-use the ones you currently have though.

When you have the transmissions laid side by side you'll see the differences. Mounts, cables, arms etc... Worst case scnario you have to swap over the belhousing because they varied from year to year. But that's not hard at all.
Thank you!

I have another question, I can’t seem to find where these little hoses connect to. I did do a cruise control delet so I’m not sure if this is just cruise control lines but this how they look.

Thank you!

I have another question, I can’t seem to find where these little hoses connect to. I did do a cruise control delet so I’m not sure if this is just cruise control lines but this how they look.
The 2 ports towards the passenger side were for the cruise control. Make sure you cap them off or you'll have a nasty vacuum leak. The port towards driver side is for the EGR solenoid. Make sure it gets hooked back up or you'll fail inspection

The 2 ports towards the passenger side were for the cruise control. Make sure you cap them off or you'll have a nasty vacuum leak. The port towards driver side is for the EGR solenoid. Make sure it gets hooked back up or you'll fail inspection
Ohh okay damn you’re smart with these cars, so then the right side is the one that goes all the way to this broken piece ?
Does A. Loop all the way around to that connection for the hose or does B connect to it?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back