The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

NT Block Forged Rods/Pistons FP3065

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBoz

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2004
Riverside, California
I just got my turbo today. Someone on the DSM forums was selling there FP3065 for 800 bucks. So I grabed it. All I can say so far, is that this turbo looks awesome. I cannot believe that anyone would see this turbo for 800 bucks. Full Retail on this thing is way worth it.

I am not ready to install it quite yet but I am going to go from an evo iii to a fp3065.

I am running all of this on a NON turbo block, with JE 8.5:1 Pistons, Eagle Rods, ACL Main/Rod Performance coated bearings.

On my other motor, that I ran the evo iii on I had Weisco 9:1 pistons and it ran like a champ. I spun the rod bearing, so I tried to replace it, but it just got worse. I decided to start from scratch. New JDM NT motor was 400 bucks and it was is perfect shape.

I will post some pics of the turbo in just a few.

36341fp3065_cover.JPG

36341fp3065_side2.JPG

36341fp3065_back.JPG

Yeah sounds fishy to me, although I did see Sunrise JDM motors selling some "JDM" NT blocks too. But they sell all other kinds of motors so maybe it was a mistake.

they have NON TURBO motors in japan, ASS.

That is not a Forced Performance turbo. All FP turbos have a FP badge on the compressor housing.

You got hussled.

There is zero difference between jdm and us motors. There is zero difference between turbo and non turbo blocks. You could have used your original block or bought an entire beat 1g for 500 dollars and used the motor from that.

Stapl3 said:
That is not a Forced Performance turbo. All FP turbos have a FP badge on the compressor housing.

You got hussled.

Well, FP badge on the compressor cover or not, it deffinately has the FP turbine housing. I wouldn't necissarily call that hussled, as long as it really is a 3065 center section in good shape.

Stapl3 said:
There is zero difference between jdm and us motors.

Blocks, no, entire engines you will find some differences, be it compression ratio, injector and turbo size, or a different intake manifold.

Stapl3 said:
There is zero difference between turbo and non turbo blocks.

I hope you're kidding. Ever hear of oil squirters?

Stapl3 said:
You could have used your original block or bought an entire beat 1g for 500 dollars and used the motor from that.

I concur.

I once came across a very strange engine from Japan, it was a SOHC 1.8L Cyclone engine. Sorta neat, It had jet valves like the Starion. Interesting find indeed, shows you never know what you might come across.

Good luck with your endevor, I don't blame you for starting off with a blank sheet. :dsm:

JRM

Stapl3 said:

You got hussled.

There is zero difference between jdm and us motors. There is zero difference between turbo and non turbo blocks. You could have used your original block or bought an entire beat 1g for 500 dollars and used the motor from that.

As far as the turbo goes, sorry I did not take a pic of the FP badge. I figured people were smart enfough to figure out what the turbo was. So there is an FP badge on the exhaust housing and there is an FP serial number on the comp housing. I also matched the number with his reciept from FP.

Just like the other guy said about the block.

I got a JDM motor because my main bearings did not look good either. The block had already been line honed, but with all the problems I was having with bearings, I said it is time to retire this block.

right from the FP site
GT3065
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

start with something simple, just count the fins on the comp wheel, and count the ones on my pic and see if the match....... I will give you a hint, they do.

Now look at this pic
GT3055
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Now counting the fins is not an exact science, but it should help you to get close. Now you put that together with my other post, and I think that you will come to the same concolusion that I came to. It is a FP3065, dont be a hater because you cannot afford one for your car.

ForceFedRed said:

Well I have and a lot of performance shops do eliminate these all together. Although we can argue back and forth for the next 4 or 5 posts, I'm just going to come out and say it.

My n/t block is holding up to 22psi of boost on a T04b tuned for 11.5:1 a/f ratio with turbo pistons and no squirters. It's tuned like a beast and I've put over 20000 miles since I started to boost it back in Aug of '03.

TimG said:
Well I have and a lot of performance shops do eliminate these all together. Although we can argue back and forth for the next 4 or 5 posts, I'm just going to come out and say it.

My n/t block is holding up to 22psi of boost on a T04b tuned for 11.5:1 a/f ratio with turbo pistons and no squirters. It's tuned like a beast and I've put over 20000 miles since I started to boost it back in Aug of '03.

I was just stating a difference between an N/T and turbo block. I don't have squirters in my engine and it dosen't concern me one bit.

JRM

ForceFedRed said:
Well, FP badge on the compressor cover or not, it deffinately has the FP turbine housing. I wouldn't necissarily call that hussled, as long as it really is a 3065 center section in good shape.
That is not a FP compressor housing. Sorry. Anyone can build a 3065 copy and use a FP turbine housing, because that's the most unique part of the turbo that first meets the eye. If you put a 16g turbine housing on a evo 16g gt, it is not suddenly a Mitsu turbo.

I wonder why it was only 800 dollars? :shhh:
ForceFedRed said:
Blocks, no, entire engines you will find some differences, be it compression ratio, injector and turbo size, or a different intake manifold.
Who gives a shit, he's tearing it down and changing all that.
ForceFedRed said:
Big whoop. Take them out anyways.

edit: I can't see FP on the turbine housing either. Point it out to me.

I am going to leave this post like this.

Forced performance uses a Custom exhaust housing and a Garrett CHRA, and a Garrett Compressor cover. So the only thing that is not garrett is the exhaust housing. Take a look at the FP site, and do you see the FP logo stamped into any of the FP30xx compressor covers? Nope. So that must mean that the ones up there are fake also. Because you cannot see the logo. Now for the rest, I figured I would post some stuff in the N/T forum because that is what I am working on. I figured that people would be all like that is cool. Instead ass holes like you post up and are being bitches. I was doing my best to make an informative thread about N/T cars.

Now if you dont like what I am doing fine, whatever. Post up a pic, time slip, or engine mods. Until then you are just another person who does not have shit done to there car and goes around talking shit and not knowing what you are talking about. Just because you read about shit on cars does not mean you know what you are talking about.

So after this post I am not going to reply back to any of your stupid bullshit, I would much rather have this thread open so that people in the N/T world can see what is possible on an N/T block.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back