The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Not Valve seals! What are they?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96DSM_Steve

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 19, 2010
Bakersfield, California
I bought a ITM full gasket set and it came with four little valve seal look a like seals. Does anyone have any idea what they go to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311646393.970328.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311646393.970328.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 94
something to do with the injectors possibly? only thing i could think that there are 4 of on the intake LOL

I too have received those seals in a few gasket kits. I am not sure what they go to. I have never found anything to actually use them for.

Look like valve seals to me, the fuel injector o-rings that go in the intake manifold are pretty thick but they are just one size, they don't neck up or anything.

You most likely got a generic gasket kit that fits a NUMBER of applications, including the 4G63. They include a shit-ton of gaskets we don't even need. I've ordered the turbo gasket kit before, and still get the header to downpipe gasket, and lots of other stuff we don't even need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311666857.218863.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311666857.218863.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 78
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311666877.932592.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311666877.932592.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 85
You most likely got a generic gasket kit that fits a NUMBER of applications, including the 4G63. They include a shit-ton of gaskets we don't even need. I've ordered the turbo gasket kit before, and still get the header to downpipe gasket, and lots of other stuff we don't even need

This :thumb: often I get three different waterpump gaskets :rolleyes:

There should be an enclosed slip with a list of all what was included in the kit, narrow down from there :|

being that small... my best guess would be that they are "Jet Valve" seals.. a jet valve is a secondary valve for emmissions, That screwed in the head and let exhaust into the intake air charge.
The whole assembly is about the size of a grade school pencil, the valve head dia is 10mm or smaller from what I can recall

I have not seen them in a head since the mid 90's

Jet valves we common in 2 valve per cyl SOHC engines, the mazda 2.2 used them among others.

I would almost bet that those seals were in a small bag with some other small gaskets, that was then in the main part of the gasket kit.

a search of yahoo gave me this info .... if you are intrested in a part that is not used in ag63......

Jet Valves

and a pic....
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

so in short.... do not worry about them. and toss them in the trash.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see you back Bogus. Makes sense. Been years since I've even seen those seals.

Holy shit, Bogus is back...........Haven't seen you post in a looooong time.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back