The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Not Sure What To Do, Newbie Questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nipo

Probationary Member
Mar 10, 2004
philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hey everyone, I'm brand new to the forums and brand new to modifying cars. My brother recently passed away in a fatal car accident, and left behind a 1997 Eclipse GSX. Its auto with 70,000. He bought it about a month ago and was going to build it into a race and show car. I really don't have much knowledge about this stuff, except for my few hours of reading the forums last night. I know he was saying he wanted 450whp. I honestly don't remember any of the parts he was talking about because i can't find his note book. He has left $10,000 in his car fund which I am going to use to attempt to build this how he would like it. What should i start out doing, which intake, exhaust, turbo upgrade (i remember him saying something about 35R), etc. Sorry that this sounds so pathetic and that I don't know much, but I'd like to do this in my brothers memory. Any and all help is much appreciated, thanks a head of time. Pics of the car can be found at http://www.awesomeoffers.biz/eclipse/original

sorry about ur brother

replace what ever needs to be replaced. make sure its running good before u do anything. start out with free mods. some people prefer manual over auto but thats up to u. get a bov, boost controller, hi-flo manifold, fmic, fuel pump and regulator, bigger injectors, turbo timer,and upgrade the turbo :dsm:

Sorry to hear about your brother. Your in PA. Check out Slowboy Racing. Their in PA too. check em out at Slowboyracing.com.
Those guys are great. The ppl on here are great too. Good Luck.

welcome to the forums.

Yes, i to am sorry for your loss. Also check out the tuning guide on this site. THat should be able to get you well on your way. Welcome to the DSM family. Once again sorry for the loss of your brother

Sorry to hear about your brother. Hopefully you can get this done in his rememberance and get it running some nice times.

Check out our tuning guide for the info that you're looking for and that will get you going towards what you want to acomplish. Looks good and your brother definately got one of the sexier colors for dsm's. Just go get it detailed to get some of that dirt out of it and make sure the maintaince is done to it and your set!

Thanks everyone for replying and all. To the last post about the detailing an dirt, the car is going to be painted pearl blue metallic, which is what he wanted. Also, I have read the tuning guides. I should of made myself more clear sorry, I'm looking more towards suggestions and recommendations of products, as I do not know much about them to make decisions.

A friend of mine told me this turbo upgrade is the way to go,
50 trim T3/T04E Kit sold at rnr racing for $1500. Any comments? What other mods would be needed to get it going good?

Sorry for the loss man.

If you would like I will go over the entire plan with you some time just look me up. I am not the most knowledgeable or best person here but i will do whatever I can for ya.

You have about 20,000 other brothers on this board:thumb:

Ps. sucks losing a family member. we feel for you

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back