The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink Not making much power

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubleclutch

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 26, 2009
Canton, Michigan
1). Any boost, vac, or exhaust leaks?
No

2). Verified mechanical timing? Yes

3). Verified base timing? Yes

4). Ignition system
Stock
2 years
bpr7es

5). Motor health (Compression Test)
Cylinder 1:
Cylinder 2:
Cylinder 3:
Cylinder 4:

6). Performed basic throttle body adjustments?
Idle Switch: Yes
Throttle Cable: Yes
TPS: Yes
BISS: Yes

7). Compression ratio Stock

8). Any known bad sensors or brittle wiring? No

9). Any DTC/CEL codes? No

10). Electrical system
Car off (not running):
Car running:

11). Base fuel pressure and injector values
Base Fuel Pressure: 42.6
Injector Size (cc/min): 780cc

12). Properly calibrated and configured wideband sensor
Sensor Brand: Lc-2
Calibration Date: 3/17

13). Type of fuel
Type: 93
Percent of Ethanol: 10%

14). Watched ECMlink how-to videos?
yes

Car is down on power according to ECMlink. Last year I had ECM link up to around 300 HP. Haven't changed much at all.

Log is attached.

Attachments

• log.2018.06.06-06 Drag Run 2 Clipped.elg
    29.3 KB · Views: 114
I guess my question really is, How do I get HPbyAir closer to 10:1? I am maxing out around 7.5.

target AFR is just shy of 11. Isn't that spot on?

How much timing are you guys ending up with on pump gas? 15-20? Just trying to figure out how far off i am.

Why would i need to increase duty cycle of the wastegate actuator with RPM to keep the same boost pressure? maybe to close the wastegate tighter to help with the extra flow needed at high rpm?

When I was looking at your log earlier, I couldn’t see your Wb so I was going off wbfactor which was mostly +1-3%. Not terrible but can use a little fine tuning.

I was at 15 degrees at 21psi but was getting a little knock so now I’m at 14 here’s with zero knock. I’ll post a my log tomorrow

Your openloopmaxoct table is targeting 10.7-10.8 which explains wbfactor numbers. We have similar set up so maybe you can use my timing table???

I will try to work my way to what you have. You seem to be getting decent numbers.

I am working on dialing in the WGDC. I have gotten it to hold now till redline. Hard to find a place for a long 3rd gear pull.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back