The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Not good

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have no doubt that he found either a bad timing belt, or perhaps a bad crank pulley since he mentions maintenance items (or perhaps the timing job was done, but incorrectly) OR he took some Ambien and doesn't even remember this post..
Prescription of alprazolam 2mg po BID didn't help. I needed a few laughs these replies helped

Alr all right let's get back to the car
First of the plugs were absolutely covered in black, what I fear to be oil soot. That means I could be leaking oil into the cylinders (odd that all 4 pistons/rings be bad at once because all 4 looked identical) or the valve guides are worn. I really really hope the latter I planned at some point this year to build the head just not so soon. I'm going to compression test everything on video as soon as things slow down around here and go from there. The way it looks I may just put the B20/B18C1 5 speed into the 95 EX coupe and cruise NA back and forth to work until my dream car is done. Don't worry im 41 so my Honda shall not have a "farrrrrttttcaaaaaaaannnnnnn" exhaust

From my experience black plugs usually means your car is running really rich. I don't see a wideband on your profile, get one as soon as you can if you don't have one. A compression and leak down test is always a good idea.

100% for sure the car was running rich. When I test drove it once I got it to the house and turned He SAFC 2 NEO down to negative 12 across the board( someone set everything to positive 8) it idled great, I drove it maybe a mile to get it nice and warm as well as check the trans for any grinds( zip zero nada) parked it in the driveway and let it idle 2-3 minutes. No smoking, oil looked good when I changed it(no shiney) and I finished my son's D16Z6 swap into his 'q5 cX hatch. I cranked the Eclipse and it spit, sputtered and I limped it 15 feet into the garage. Battery died so I couldn't keep it tuned. I got a good battery I had in the garage and I haven't had it running since. So I've got a list of maintenance items that haven't been completed yet so starting tonight I'm going to start pulling off and replacing 10+ year old vacuum lines. I'm getting the plugs/wires and while I'm at it the coil packs just so I know they're good. I'm trying to find a stock MAF sensor local but May have to buy one off here. Replacing valve cover gasket, exhaust manifold gasket and have alt checked while I can get to it. And all new motor mounts LOL I about when I seen them! I'm editing my video for my YouTube channel and I'll post the link. Speaking of my channel, I'm just starting so some subscribes from my DSMTuner alum would be greatly appreciated! Be warned not every second of every video is DSM, I do occasionally have to work on... Hondas! KIA, Ford, Chevy pretty much any vehicle. Who knows what else, but any sub would be an honor!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back