The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Not getting BOOST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20gst

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 5, 2003
Colorado_Springs_Colorado
:confused: Today I was driving and noticed boost response kinda sucked. I have the new BLITZ sbc-ID boost controller linked to the BLITZ ID meter & super 20g w/internal. Large intercoller.
Looked everywhare for leaks and or busted IC hose etc, everything is good. I played with the settings and no luck. I usually have it set to 20psi for street use and I can barley hit 15psi. Before everything boosted solid.. Never had problems before today.
I turned it off but still no luck. 1st gear 10-12psi, 2ond the same, 3rd the same, 4th lucky to hit 15psi. I dont understand what could of happened.
Anyone have any clues, Im intrested in any help.

Ok today I check again I checked every hose fitting to IC all lines to turbo checked the wastegate flapper, bov seems good I reset my boost controller and still nothing but 14psi. I turned the gain and the boost all the way to 100% still nothing.
Ok I checked my bolts to the turbo and manifold all is good and I did a comperssion check and all #s were a good 150 all across each cilinder.
Im thinking maybe the boost controller cilonoid is bad or I still have a mysterious leak ? Any clues........

JOIN THE CLUB. i just installed a 2g mas, and safc and now i get nothing more than 5lbs of boost. there is NO way i can have a boost leak after the turbo. everything is clamped down tight as a #####, the car was boosting fine before i did these mods. 15lbs on a manual boost control.
im stumped

Originally posted by 20gst
:confused: Today I was driving and noticed boost response kinda sucked. I have the new BLITZ sbc-ID boost controller linked to the BLITZ ID meter & super 20g w/internal.

-How high can you go on the Blitz EBC? my Profec B will only goes to as high as 1.2 bar with low knob turn from 80%-100%, yet on the high setting, I only need to turn to 50% and already getting 1.5 bar.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back