The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Not coming up on the converter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11secDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 8, 2003
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Out of the blue, my car is not getting up on the converter any more. It's a newly finished build...was fine yesterday and even today before I loaded it on the trailer. I get to the track and it just sits at 25-2700 and 2psi (after about 13 seconds). Prior to this, it would stall to about 3700 and i'd see 25psi off the line.

Quick rundown... 9.0:1 motor w/ and evo 3 16g on a restalled IPT converter (supposedly...I bought it used).

Could there be something wrong with the converter? Tune wise, nothing changed from when it stalled up to now. My only other thought is a bad boost leak...i'll check that tomorrow.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
No boost leaks were found. After letting the car sit in the garage untouched for a week, I started it up and it came right up on the converter. NOTHING was touched between the track and that start up. Fuggin' track curse strikes again! LOL

I'm 99% sure that i'm still dealing with some sort of gremlin in my ECU. I've had a couple other issues (unrelated to this) so i'm going to try another ECU out and see how things hold up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back