The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

North Carolina Mountain Meet May 29-31

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InspiredAuto

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 6, 2008
Asheville, North_Carolina
Adam(BoostJunki84) and myself are gauging interest for the 1st Annual North Carolina Mountain Meet May 29-31 here in Asheville, NC.

Saturday May 30, 2009 - Dyno Day @ Appalachian Performance

8:00 - Breakfast @ Denny's or Huddle House
10:00 - Dyno Time
4:00 - Car Detailing/Wash
5:30 - Blue Ridge Parkway Photoshoot
7:00 - Dinner @ Asiana Grand Buffett
9:00 - Until - Cruise in @ Patton Avenue

Sunday May 31, 2009 - DSM's @ The Tail of The Dragon

8:00 - Breakfast @ IHOP
9:30 - Head to the Dragon and make some passes
1:30 - Lunch at the local restraunt
2:30 - 5:00 - Indulge on the Dragon some more, then take some pics @ Fontana Dam
5:00 - Go Home

The reason we choose this weekend was because we thought this was far enough in advance for planning, plus, this gives us an opportunity to see some Nissan Skylines @ the Dragon. The Skyline camp is also holding a meet there this weekend and from the looks of it, there should be quite a few.

As far as the Dyno Day is concerned. We have not yet confirmed anything with Appalachian Performance yet, but these guys welcome Dyno Days and should have no problem with it. They are equipped with an AWD Mustang Dyno and John(The Owner) is a great tuner, if you wish to seek his services. One of the guys who works there is also a DSM guy, so I'm sure he would love to have us as well.

If you are interested or have any questions, please PM us or post in this thread. Adam and I have talked about opening up our homes to those who may need lodging. We know money can be tight, and if we can help you out, just let us know.

We think this could be a great event for years to come! Let us know what you think!

This sounds like it would be a awesome trip, the only downside for me is the 6 hour drive in the DSM(no cruise control):ohdamn:. That and I'm only 20 so staying at a hotel by myself is out of the question. Oh not to mention the DSM hasn't run since October.:cry: But I will be sure to keep my eye on this event.

i know when i took off for MN from SC, i passed through Ashville, or close to it...on 40 i believe...

it was AMAZING. 2 lane road, as twisty as can be, and lasted forever it seemed...

This sounds like it would be a awesome trip, the only downside for me is the 6 hour drive in the DSM(no cruise control):ohdamn:. That and I'm only 20 so staying at a hotel by myself is out of the question. Oh not to mention the DSM hasn't run since October.:cry: But I will be sure to keep my eye on this event.

Well, if you get your car up and running, and don't mind the 6 hr trip :D, we might be able to help you out with lodging. All we ask of those that we don't really know, is that you respect our homes.

i know when i took off for MN from SC, i passed through Ashville, or close to it...on 40 i believe...

it was AMAZING. 2 lane road, as twisty as can be, and lasted forever it seemed...

Yes, I-40 has some nice nice scenary and roads but in all reality, I-40 has nothing on the Dragon. The Dragon is sick! :rocks: 318 curves in 11 miles!

There are also a couple of companies that come out and do photography if anyone is interested in purchasing some nice shots.

well i left greenville SC at like 11 pm, so i was going on i40 at the early hours of the morning...prob. around 2 or 3am...it was sketchy. i was hitting turns hard, and got into 4 wheel drifts around 2 or 3 of them... it was heart pounding to say the least

Well, if you get your car up and running, and don't mind the 6 hr trip :D, we might be able to help you out with lodging. All we ask of those that we don't really know, is that you respect our homes.
I'm not the type of person to destroy other people's houses, I do plenty of that here.ROFL

well i left greenville SC at like 11 pm, so i was going on i40 at the early hours of the morning...prob. around 2 or 3am...it was sketchy. i was hitting turns hard, and got into 4 wheel drifts around 2 or 3 of them... it was heart pounding to say the least

It would take at least 2 weeks for me to show you all the twisty back roads we have around here. Trust me I40 is nothing.

I'm not the type of person to destroy other people's houses, I do plenty of that here.ROFL

So since you have a place to stay, get that car back together and get up here.:D

sounds like fun i might ride up there even if my dsm isnt running right. i have a bmw 328is that i would love to take on the dragon.

I spoke with Ian at Appalachian Performance today about the Dyno day.

Here is the deal.
-They need to know at least 1 month advance to plan for the event.
-It will cost $600 for 8 hours.

Now, let's talk about the number of vehicles and options
-He said he would like it to be 16 cars, but from the way he was talking, if we had one or two more, it would be ok.
-16 vehicles @ $600 = $37.50.
-Either 3 straight pulls or 2 Drag pulls w/ no tuning. You choose!

If less people sign up, let's say 8.
-The rate per car will go up to $75 per person.
-There will be tuning allowed, but we will have to distribute the time evenly across the board. Example, 8 people with 8 hours of available time equals 1 hour of Dyno time per person.

Ian said it was cool if I brought the grill down and cooked up some burgers and dogs. Add some chips and drinks in and we can eat pretty affordable.

How does all this sound to you guys?

Please PM me if you are interested in Dyno Time!

List Update -

1. Clint (Boostin4Christ) - Dyno
2. Adam (BoostJunki84) - Dyno
3. Robert (robertm1212gst)
4. Juan (speed_demon)
5. James (snarfcop)
6. Tiffaney (95gst_sweetie) maybe
7. Joe (KeinenameMotorsport)
8. Tim (99atxdsm) - maybe
9. ??? (1Fast1G)

hey man, thats only about a two hour drive for me count me in on this one...i would love to go

List Update -

4. Juan (speed_demon)
5. James (snarfcop)
9. ??? (1Fast1G)
10. Alex (turbomatic)
11. Derek (v-mac)

Don't forget to post if you want some dyno time.

Post me as a maybe! And thats only because the DSM isnt running currently. But i should easly have her back together by them. Thats only about a 2.5hr drive for me and would love to hit some roads up there.

Ill keep you posted! :hellyeah:

Post me as a maybe! And thats only because the DSM isnt running currently. But i should easly have her back together by them. Thats only about a 2.5hr drive for me and would love to hit some roads up there.

Ill keep you posted! :hellyeah:

Sounds good! Hope you can make it!

4. Juan (speed_demon)
5. James (snarfcop)
9. ??? (1Fast1G)
10. Alex (turbomatic)
11. Derek (v-mac)
12. Tyler (95tzlgst)

I should be going to this unless something catastrophic happens to one of the DSM's.

List Update!

4. Juan (speed_demon)
5. James (snarfcop)
9. ??? (1Fast1G)
10. Alex (turbomatic)
11. Derek (v-mac)
12. ??? (dsmgsx!)
13. Andrew (TsIGuYawd) Dyno
14. Heather (lilwetduckie) Dyno
15. Derek (lilwetduckie's husband) Dyno
16. ??? (flatblackprelud)
17. Jon (Jonbonazza) Maybe
18. ??? (Fujiv99) Maybe
19. Tyler (95tzlgst)
20. Mike (wrknmike924)
21. ??? (08talon08)

That makes 5 for the dyno! Yah! :D

Hey it sounds great i just bought a 2g talon dropped about 1500 in performance parts into within a week of owning it i just drove it from oregon and drove it to newport N.C. i went through ashville and was doing about a buck 20 in a 55 through the hills it was great im really new to DSMs but want to learn as much as i can i live about 8 hrs from ashville but i would be up for it if some one could let me know some more info through a message it would be much appreciated

List Update!

4. Juan (speed_demon)
5. James (snarfcop)
9. ??? (1Fast1G)
10. Alex (turbomatic)
11. Derek (v-mac)
12. ??? (dsmgsx!)
18. ??? (Fujiv99) Maybe
19. Tyler (95tzlgst)
20. ??? (wrknmike924)

That makes 5 for the dyno! Yah! :D

Names mike by the way! haha

It looks as tho i am going to be the only non turbo eclipse here or what? Wish it was another month or two down the road and i would be!

Names mike by the way! haha

It looks as tho i am going to be the only non turbo eclipse here or what? Wish it was another month or two down the road and i would be!

Cool deal! :p I'll edit it here shortly.

I think there should be a couple of other N/T cars there, so you won't be alone. I'm glad you're coming man! Turbo or not!

Can they rund AWD on the dyno? Book me I'm in! Noice!! I could trailer the bike for the gap too. BONUS!!

Looking on the map I see some nice roads around there too. Like the one to telico Plains.

Cool deal! :p I'll edit it here shortly.

I think there should be a couple of other N/T cars there, so you won't be alone. I'm glad you're coming man! Turbo or not!

Just recieved my refund check! :D May be turbo after all!:hellyeah:

Can they rund AWD on the dyno? Book me I'm in! Noice!! I could trailer the bike for the gap too. BONUS!!

Looking on the map I see some nice roads around there too. Like the one to telico Plains.

Yes, it is an AWD Dyno and we have full access since we are in reality, renting out the Dyno for the day. Having the bike as well would be awesome! :D

Should I put you down for Dyno time as well?

Just recieved my refund check! :D May be turbo after all!:hellyeah:

Sweet! What set up are you going with?

Another List Update -

4. Juan (speed_demon)
5. James (snarfcop)
9. ??? (1Fast1G)
10. Alex (turbomatic)
11. Derek (v-mac)
12. ??? (dsmgsx!)
18. ??? (Fujiv99) Maybe
19. Tyler (95tzlgst)
20. Mike (wrknmike924)
21. ??? (08talon08)
22. ??? (snakeyes711)

Have any of the "maybe" crowd turned into a "yes" crowd yet? ;)

Yes, it is an AWD Dyno and we have full access since we are in reality, renting out the Dyno for the day. Having the bike as well would be awesome! :D

Should I put you down for Dyno time as well?

Sweet! What set up are you going with?

My 420a is fully built right now. Wiseco pistons, Eagle rods, Stage three clutch, yada yada. I have a big 16g at the house right now, along with an installed, but not hooked up, portfuler, gauges and all that good jazz. Was just waiting on my refund check for a manifold, custom downpipe and boost controler. But i should be able to hook it all up within two months. :thumb:

Just want to let everyone know this event is officially on the Tail of the Dragon calander.:hellyeah:

Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC

Also, here is some good FYI stuff:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...e+dragon&hl=en

Here's a pretty good video from ZdayZ 07'. They will be there again this year along with the Skyline camp.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5vmPdR3XKtg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5vmPdR3XKtg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back