The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

NorCal Tuning Event with English Racing doing the Tuning - mid November 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Founder & Zookeeper
Nov 12, 2001
Newcastle, California
I'm working on organizing a local dyno tuning event for the DSM community here in the Sacramento area, and am planning to fly the guys in from English Racing for a weekend in November to tune some cars. We're still working out the details, but I'm trying to work out a discount for participants by offering English some exposure on our website in exchange for a discount on each tune. The idea is to give everyone a little time to get their cars together and save up a little cash and to get you all a discount on a tune done by a shop that are achieving big things in our community.

The pricing for the dyno time and tunes is still being worked out, but would likely be in the neighborhood of $200-250 for ECMlink, S-AFC and MAFT setups. Stand alones will start out at around $400. This obviously doesn't take into consideration those cars that have issues/problems that need sorting before the tuning can take place (like boost leaks, problem diagnosis, etc). I'm working on locating an AWD dyno shop in the Sac area willing to cut us a deal for the event in return for some exposure on our website as well, so pricing might even be a little lower per car.

Again, this is all in the very early stages of planning so the pricing is not concrete but I figured I'd try and get a rough head count of those who might be interested. We're looking to get around 5-10 or so DSM owners involved, but since you know it can be tough to find a DSMer with a car that isn't broken or a wallet that isn't empty, we will extend the invite to the Evo crowd as well to make it work English's time.

I'm sure most here know who English Racing is. They came down to Sac last month and ran 8's at the import event. I got to meet them - really cool and enthusiastic guys. And I like how much effort they're putting into our community trying to set records and go fast. You don't see that level of commitment in our community much these days, when many other shops consider us a nuisance or unimportant. These guys are excited to fly in and help some local DSMers out with their projects at a discounted rate.

Let me know who thinks they'd be in for something like this assuming prices are close to what I quoted. Bay Area folks are obviously welcome. I'll likely be putting the guys from English up at my place, otherwise I'd offer people a place to crash. The trip up here will be worth it though guys. I'm hoping to help some of you guys get tuned at a killer price by a great shop that knows their shit.

Ask questions here please, or PM me if you don't want to ask publicly for some reason.

I would so get in on this but
1. My car isn't running yet
2. I don't have ECM Link...YET!

Hopefully by November I'll have everything so keep this thread updated with stuff.

See, THIS is why its badass to have the man himself a local to us.. You guys have no idea just how lucky you are..

I would so get in on this but
1. My car isn't running yet
2. I don't have ECM Link...YET!

Hopefully by November I'll have everything so keep this thread updated with stuff.

It doesn't have to be dsmlink, though it is awesome :hellyeah:

I'm in if it goes down, mine shooould be simple, tuning with maft gen 2, 650cc, 20g :rocks:

I would bet it's much easier than what has been seen for sure. But you can count me in, so long as my car is still running that is :thumb:

count me in!!!

im using ecmlink v3 lite
would i have to get any stunning done before seen him? because im running stock maps but want to tune 91oct. with 750s i have everything needed for tuning just wana work out the details.

by when do you think this would take place?
and around where?

TSIMAGE your wish is getting closer and closer to coming true LOL.

count me in!!!

im using ecmlink v3 lite
would i have to get any stunning done before seen him? because im running stock maps but want to tune 91oct. with 750s i have everything needed for tuning just wana work out the details.

and around where?

For a sec, I thought you said I wish it was closer and I was you're IN Sac LOL. But then I used my brain and read it correctly ROFL

count me in!!!

im using ecmlink v3 lite

and around where?

:nono:

You don't wanna race me anymore LOL. I just went built block and this baby just showed up at my door a couple weeks ago.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:sneaky:

:nono:

You don't wanna race me anymore LOL. I just went built block and this baby just showed up at my door a couple weeks ago.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:sneaky:

so. im not here to win im here just to run for fun and give you your wish. dont make me go e85/50 trim on you hahaha jk.

so. im not here to win im here just to run for fun and give you your wish. dont make me go e85/50 trim on you hahaha jk.

With you drivin... You'd still lose. :p

I'm just messin with ya. Its all in fun. I got bored and figured I'd build a 10s truck. So sue me. :cool::thumb:

I just got an email from Lucas with his terms, and it looks like a great deal. I just have to get a dyno lined up and get a price from them. This could be phenomenal deal for you guys. I'll have more info this week. Stay tuned.

Just a quick note - we'll need to get at least 8 DSMs together to make this work. I'm doing what I can on this end, hopefully you guys can come through for me now.

And again, everyone needs to have their cars sorted (no boost leaks or other glaring issues) before the tuning starts. If you need help with that, English said you guys are welcome to meet up the evening/night before the dyno tuning for some quick street tuning to check for problems. We'll work out the details.

The meet up alone would be fun. Plus 10 or so other DSM's being on a dyno, and being tuned by the owner of one of the fastest DSM's out there! I'm saving my money as we speak, hopefully it's not for at least a month. Hopefully there is a Mustang or DD around that will be willing to make a deal with you. Finger's and toe's crossed!!!

for me it would be a first tune on the car with 750s and e316g so idle,cruse,wot tune is that doable or no?
and how far from now you think this would be.

I commented like 2 weeks ago on this LOL, I'm definitely down for a dyno session. It just depends on when it is, there's a party/concert in Vegas like the 14/15 of October, and I'm going on leave toward the end of october, but if I can get to it, I sure will!

Not looking for wicked crazy awesome insane boost fast time dyno...LOL...just a reliable fast tune hehe

Plus, it sounds like it would just a good time all around, hanging out. :thumb:

for me it would be a first tune on the car with 750s and e316g so idle,cruse,wot tune is that doable or no?
and how far from now you think this would be.

Don't waste the time with the 750s.. Remember, Lucas ran 10s with his 16G.. Make sure you have enough room so he can make that damn car scream..:hellyeah:

91 on an E16G is still good for 12s.

Why no E85 I thought you finally bit the bullet?

Not sure if this helps, .Welcome to Force Fed Performance. is in Roseville. There web page say's that they have a AWD Dyno Dynamics (DD). Just maybe they might be down with something like this. I would want a tune on a Mustang Dyno or DD, over a Dynojet. But then again, anywhere will be fun!! Hope this helped.

Just called. not AWD. sorry for the bad info..

DBTuned - Specializing in Japanese auto service and repair.
Maybe this helps...its says AWD Mustang Dyno. When i called and asked Force Fed performance if they knew of any AWD Mustang or DD in the area, he said this shop was the only one he knew of. Might be worth a shot. Hope this actually helps some how....LOLoLOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back