The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Norcal/Socal meet still down?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13secGST

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 1, 2002
San Luis Obispo, California
Ok...we'll the original Norcal/Socal meet was "postponed" until a later date due to the Mitsubishi West Coast Gathering (which really didn't have many Mitsus)

We'll you guys...I live in SLO...so I can help you organize something...we need a bigger turn out though...not 10-15 cars...more like 25-40 or more. Lets do something big. All though...I don't really know what we will do in SLO...not really much goes on here.

Hey what about a meet in Santa Barbara? I was about to post something about this. I wanted to try to get something together for the end of September. I've talked to a few people about this, so it's not that big at the moment. If we could get together a decent meet, some people may come up from San Diego.
In SB people meet up at In N Out on Friday nights. The cops only came once when some dumb fights happened. Other than that CHP comes by all the time to get burgers and doesn't mind.
Plus after we could do a cruise or mountain drive.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Defiant
Can we get anything stirred up for the Marina auto-X next month?

Damn, there's just so much Real Life in the way.

I'm really trying to get more people to come...I think this last one will be the biggest turn out of them all. There are three other DSM's that I'm pretty sure will be there...and hopefully much more...it will be fun...I know that for sure. You gonna come? If you can that could be 5 DSM's there...and all 2gs if Mike C brings his 1g that would be 6 DSM's

As far as Norcal/Socal meet being in SB...well I dunno...I would go for it but I think that drive is a little much for the Norcal guys...I mean SB is basically Socal and then its kinda unfair...but we'll see whats going on...I made this thread for that reason, hopefully people will use this to organize the meet and not the other thread that is all full and stuff.

Originally posted by 13secGST

As far as Norcal/Socal meet being in SB...well I dunno...I would go for it but I think that drive is a little much for the Norcal guys...I mean SB is basically Socal and then its kinda unfair...but we'll see whats going on...I made this thread for that reason, hopefully people will use this to organize the meet and not the other thread that is all full and stuff.
That's cool. You mentioned SLO so I suggested SB. If we don't do this north/south meet in SB, there's still probably going to be a meet in SB in late September. You're welcome to come. Check the meets section in the coming weeks.

Anyway, I'm interested in this north/south meet up. Someone give meet suggestions. I'm not very familiar with the area.

For Sure...I'd defiently come to a meet in SB...its only like an hour away from me.

Ok...I guess Chris and them haven't seen this thread yet...we'll just have to wait.

doh! i have been pretty busy so i havent gotten a chance to check the forums, as for the norcal socal meet, when it happens it will happen in SLO because it is right in the middle. as for having it in september, i dont see a problem with it but we need to start stirring the pot a little bit because no one from norcal will drive down to meet 2 dsms from so cal. for now lets say the last weekend in september on the 27th or 28th in SLO. 13sec, if you could maybe scope some parks or beaches with bbq's that would be awesome, i dont really have the time to take a drive down there so we need someone to check things out and maybe try to reserve a spot for us. and let me know what happens, i will open a new thread about this when i hear from you about locations.
Thanks
-Jeff

Who said anything about Sept? Sounds fine to me...really it doesn't matter to me since I live here...I'll have to work at night when you guys are partying...maybe I could take that weekend off? But as far as spots to BBQ and stuff...

Pismo Beach, Avila Beach...there are a couple parks in SLO that we could BBQ at...

Santa Rosa Park is pretty popular for car meets...and is right off Highway 1.

Then there is another park on South Street that is pretty big...kinda out of the main city and we could BBQ there.

Laguna Lake Park is another park that we could BBQ at...also kinda secluded but not out of the city.

Just depends on where you guys want to be...Avila is nice...its new, the sand isn't super soft like Pismo...but its not completely rocky either.

Pismo is more of a Valley, hick town on the beach...sure we could go there, BBQ...but...yeh, maybe you guys get what I'm saying...maybe not?

Just let me know an area where you would like to go and I could go there and try to arrange something...that wont be a problem.

Yeah, end of September is something else. Sorry for kind of getting off topic.

13sec- sounds like some good places. I'm not sure about Pismo though. I haven't been there, but from what I've heard ...

Pismo is more of a Valley, hick town on the beach...sure we could go there, BBQ...but...yeh, maybe you guys get what I'm saying...maybe not?

Exactly...Pismo is not really a place..sure we'll turn a lot of heads...but I don't think its the place for a car meet/BBQ maybe a drive by though ;)

I've mentioned this to Mike C. down at DSS - he's willing to help organize a two day event. I'll have to pick a day and get the ball rolling. End of September sounds good to me. I'll mention it in the BADSM group as well.

Is this another car show/hang out and meet new people thing? Or are you putting this together to race?

more of a show/meet if you want to race than I know of few spots to go...but its all illegal.

and gsxgirl...gina right? SLO is pretty far from Sac, its where I drove up from to go to the MWCG...about 5 hour drive.

hey Gloria...my name's in my sig :p thats cool though...I was kinda close ;) I'm Eric

And no...SLO isn't by LA...its halfway between LA and SF...like about 3 hours to get to LA and 3.5 hours to get to SF...

But its about 5 hours from Sac if you don't get caught in traffic...but hey all you norcal guys should at least try and make it to the Marina AutoX...lots of DSM's going so far.

And your car looks sweet too...one of the few 1g's I like...:cool:

3 hour drive = 1 1/2 for us j/k, ill check back on this post. if theres enought people going and an event put together ill be in on this. sound like a nice road trip with friends.

It's been a little while since this was last replied to. Any new info?

No...but I could probably assure you that it wont be at the end of this month...its just to soon...and nobody really listened to me...I know of plenty of places we can meet...and bbq and stuff...you just have to tell me what your looking for.

Maybe mid Oct. or something...right now, most of the people who actually go to meets are going to the Marina AutoX not this weekend but next.

I'm sure this will happen...but people need to start doing stuff for it to happen...and I cant just go and reserve some meeting place for us if I can't verify a date with everybody and can't be sure that its going to happen...BTW I have NO money...just so ya'll know

I'm sure this will happen...but people need to start doing stuff for it to happen...and I cant just go and reserve some meeting place for us if I can't verify a date with everybody and can't be sure that its going to happen...BTW I have NO money...just so ya'll know
Well, I'm willing to do my part whatever that may be. If I say I'll be there, I'll be there unless the DSM acts up and I can't get there. I'd be willing to pitch in to get some steaks and drinks or whatever.

so what ever happened to this meet. i live in atascadero which is like 15 mins away from SLO. you guys still interested in doin this?

nothing ever happened...nobody met...everybody just kinda started doing there own more local things...like I got more involved in SB and socal stuff and kinda drifted south...but now I'm selling the car...still a dsmer at heart...but I'll be an Evo owner soon...if you know anybody that wants a nice 99 2g...tell them I'm selling mine cheap

Can us Nor NV guys come? I bet we could get like 4-5 cars from reno to go.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back