The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Noob question about fuel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stillslow91

Probationary Member
Jul 14, 2013
Pekin, Illinois
So my 90 gsx is running on e85 (was running when i bought the car) and im wanting to switch it to 93.

Im in the process of downloading Jackal to retune the car and im wondering how to go about switching from e85-93

Should i let the car run all the gas out, siphon the gas out, or..?

Also is it recommended to change the fuel pump when doing so?

Thanks ahead of time for answering my noobie question.:idontknow:

Just run the tank down till the gas light comes on and then fill it back up with 93.

A little Ethanol won't hurt anything, gasoline today is up to 15% Ethanol already.

You should have a plug in your gas tank to drain it out (at least I do). That's an option. You can always disconnect the return hose and get another section of hose and plug it onto the return side of the fuel rail and put that hose into a container and then turn your fuel pump on (not your car) and let the pump push all the fuel out into the container. .

Your fuel pump is fine. You might have a stainless steel filter if the previous owner was running e85 in it. You might have to go back to a paper filter for 93. I would maybe call STM or a good shop that might know more about that.

Why are you switching to 93? Do you not have a close e85 location?

Why are you switching to 93? Do you not have a close e85 location?

There is only 2 stations both about 20 minutes away so yea kinda more of a quality of life situation.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back