The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

NON-turbo pistons can't take BOOST!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:barf: 11psi on stock internals !!!! if i could boost 11psi on stock i wouldnt even consider buying new internals, im only boosting 6psi and my car runs pppprrrrrfect, proble like 40hp gain but ya know its better than nothing or better yet blowin up my car so it dun work.

94Talon2 said:
My engine is a 7-bolt the 2g pistons fit right in. My engine was in very good condition before i turbod it. The head was brand new and good compression. I knew before hand I would eventually need to do the bottom end I just didn't think it would be so soon. The pistons with chrome rings was $350canadian ($250us).
It turns out my crank is done (too much wear on it) it's too small for the bearings.
I have all the gaskets and bearings I need. My friend doing it has built up a number of dsm's including his own. I would do it myself but I don't have the time, or a place to do it.

thanks for helping out

didn't even notice you had a 94, so yea the 2g's will work just fine. ;)

Hey if you go to ImportPerformanceParts.com you can get a complete rebuild kit including 2g pistons for i think under 400...You said you already have bearings and stuff so that does no good but if you ever need another rebuild for any reason at all just take a look at that site!!

I can't get a 7bolt crank anywhere! The shop I'm getting everything done has already built a 6-bolt 2.3l stroker engine. So for an additional $1700 I'm going to buy it.
It has 1g big rods, 8.5 comp je forged pistons 20 over, all new seals and bearing, it's balanced and ready to go.
My car should be done monday.
I'm sooo poor! i'll have to eat KD for 5 years!

Total bill: $6500canadian $5100us

Turbo, mani, intercooler, ecu, injectors, ect
$1300
2.5 mandrel turbo back
$500
2.3l 6bolt (brand new engine)
$4700

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back