The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

non-turbo cams on turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetraceboi

Sep 4, 2002
San Antonio, Texas
how will a 90gs-t run with non-turbo cams instead of turbo cams? what is the difference between the two? will my car idle funny? what will happen??

it will run like an a/t the n/t cams are the same as turbo a/t cams but from what I hear '90 cams are crap if your wondering if its an upgrade then the answer is no

well it will be the same since most people think the 90s have the NT cams in them allready...

if anything find some 92-93 turbo cams, they can be had for under a hundred if you look hard enough :D

Yep, they do, 90 cams are eitheir non turbo or very very close, I had the specs sheet but I can't find it....the cams continuously got more agressive until 93/94

I checked 3 different manuals, and for 1990, they list the same lift and duration for all the cams, whether n/t, a/t or manual. No difference. Actually, you might find that the n/t cams in later years have more duration and lift, but I am not sure, since my books only go up to 92. You could always go and have a shop regrind your cams to your specs and then get the "under the lifter" shims from webcams to take up the slack from the regrind. Web cams will regrind your cams, but they charge an assload of money to do it. You can probably find someone local to do it. I had my webcams copied at a local shop and had them nitride the cams to reharden them and the cost was a third of what webcams wanted for their regrinds. CNC machines are awesome...really.
dave

dammit..no wonder i keep losing to my friend in his 91 even tho i had more mods..LOL..HKS cams here i come..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back