The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

non turbo build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woomer

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 18, 2006
huntingdon, Pennsylvania
Ok - im going to get bashed im sure - but here goes ---- Im in the process of rebuilding my non turbo 1992 motor --im looking for a good reliable build thats going to hold up for me --------Im thinking of boring 30 out to up the compression and im looking for any and all non turbo builders with ideas and suggestions to at least get me to the 200+ horsepower range -----ive searched eevery where on here and all I get is turbo rebuilds --i race my 1g on a quarter mile oval and constantly running the 6-7 grand rpm range - could we possibly have a non turbo rebuild forum?..........I do not want a stroker motor but just some ideas on how to achieve my goal -----I know getting the compression up is going to help get the hp.....but im asking any non turbo builders to offer ideas help - and suggestions ........I am not a idiot on motors but want to get some input for my next motor -----thanks

Im just now starting a new build-Im thinking the higher compression and the elenta head will help me a great deal --------i completly destroyed a brand new motor in 3 races -----Not sure what happened but the intake valves hammered the piston - and after checking -my timing never changed ----Im pretty sure the crank and bearing are going to be ok -now just need to search for a good piston -rod combination -Yes I removed balance shafts on my last engine ...My biggest problem since I race a 1/4 mile dirt oval is trying to keep the revs down but yet still being able to pull hard out of the turns -and the only way to change the gearing on these cars is to tinker with tire diameter (we run 2cd gear)- ive found a 195-60-14 tire realy gives me the power but It also pushs me into the upper end of the revs-about 73-7500rpms--i need to find a combo that can with stand this punishment -----Please keep your ideas and suggestions coming - they all are a very big help --------but yes this is a class where no turbos are permitted -thank you all so much and please keep shooting ideas and suggestions at me -------one final question on the Elentra head ----can any one give me the year head to look for and is it a 1.6 or a 1.8 head or are they both basicly the same ?.......thank you

Just look for a g4cn head. That is the one you are goin to want to use. As for the year I am not too sure if it makes a difference.

can any one verify a year g4cn head that will work with my 6 bolt or should i go with a 7 bolt bottom end?

Ok - im going to get bashed im sure - but here goes ---- Im in the process of rebuilding my non turbo 1992 motor --im looking for a good reliable build thats going to hold up for me --------Im thinking of boring 30 out to up the compression and im looking for any and all non turbo builders with ideas and suggestions to at least get me to the 200+ horsepower range -----ive searched eevery where on here and all I get is turbo rebuilds --i race my 1g on a quarter mile oval and constantly running the 6-7 grand rpm range - could we possibly have a non turbo rebuild forum?..........I do not want a stroker motor but just some ideas on how to achieve my goal -----I know getting the compression up is going to help get the hp.....but im asking any non turbo builders to offer ideas help - and suggestions ........I am not a idiot on motors but want to get some input for my next motor -----thanks

What did you end up doing / spending!? I'm running the same class and same car? 200 is more than I'm looking for but if i could break 165 I'd be happy

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back