The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

non-turbo air mas

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedy_talon28

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 1, 2006
elkhart, Indiana
I know that: pin 1 is for the barometric sensor
pin 2 is for the air flow sensor
pin 3 is for the MPI relay
pin 4 is for the IAT sensor

but, I don't know what pin 5 and 6 is for???

I am determended to try to make the 2g mas that I bought work on my 1g non-turbo

I hope someone can help me out with this problem with these two pins???

That's not close to what's in my FSM for the 2.0L N/T MAF. It says:

1 Green/Blue Air Flow
2 Red +12v
3 Green/Red +5v Sensor Power
4 Green/Black Sensor Ground
5 Green/Yellow Barometric Pressure
6 Green/Orange Intake Air Temp

Thanks to our friends at the Manual CD site you can download the 1G fuel system section from http://www.ecanfix.com/users/manualcd/gift/dsm/1gfuelsystem_troubleshooting.pdf and look at the MPI diagrams for the different models.

Steve

I looked over the diagram and found where each pin would connect to the 2g mas but, I'm having trouble tring to place the "Volume air flow sensor reset signal" Is this sensor like the TPS in 1g's??

1G NT MAF
1 Green/Blue Air Flow
2 Red +12v
3 Green/Red +5v Sensor Power
4 Green/Black Sensor Ground
5 Green/Yellow Barometric Pressure
6 Green/Orange Intake Air Temp

1G Turbo MAF
1 Green/White MAF Reset
2 Green/Blue Air Flow
3 Red +12v
4 Green/Red +5v Sensor Power
5 N/C
6 Green/Black Sensor Ground
7 Green/Yellow Barometric Pressure
8 Green/Orange Intake Air Temp

2G MAF
1 Green/Yellow +5v Sensor Power
2 Orange Barometric Pressure
3 Blue/Yellow Air Flow
4 Red +12v
5 Black Sensor Ground
6 Red/Blue Intake Air Temp
7 Red/White MAF Reset
8 N/C

91+ 1G Turbo ECU
8 Intake Air Temp
10 Air Flow
14 MAF Reset
16 Barometric Pressure
23 +5v Sensor Power
24 Sensor Ground
102 +12v

A NT ECU doesn't have a MAF Reset output.

Steve

The same as for 1G turbo MAFs.

When the IPS closes or the TPS voltage is low the ECU resets the MAF to avoid errors caused by turbo noise or from measurement errors caused by changes from high speed high load driving to deceleration. (page 14-57 1G Technical Manual)

Perhaps we should ask why are you putting a 2G MAF on a 1G NT. It is useless unless you have converted to tiurbo and have a big turbo going on.

Steve

Well, I wanted more airflow ;p[oand didn't have the money for a 3 inch gm mas and the maf-t so, a friend of mine suggested a 2g mas and I got it off ebay for 40.00 but, now I know it won't work for a n/t but, I want to try atleast and who knows maybe somehow it will work or maybe I'm fooling myself?

1g n't----------------------------2g turbo

pin 1: airflow sensor------------ pin 3: air flow sensor
pin 2: +12V --------------------- pin 4: 12V
pin 3: +5V sensor power------- pin 1: +5V sensor power
pin 4: sensor ground------------ pin 5: sensor ground
pin 5: barometric sensor--------pin 2: barometric sensor
pin 6: IAT sensor ----------------pin 6: IAT sensor
-------------------------------------pin 7: airflow reset

I tought that I would try to tap the TPS signal wire to pin 7 and see what happens?

Unless you have a way to correct back for all the airflow that the 2G MAF isn't going to report to the ECU you are going to blow up your motor from running extremely lean.

The NT engine doesn't overrun the stock MAF so changing to the 2G MAF isn't going to give you more airflow. It's going to be slightly more efficient but tell your ECU that you are using 70 to 80% of air that you really are.

Steve

You can't connect the TPS to the reset line.

I guess I should have said at the start but, thanks to you I learned about the difference between mas units. I just thought I could use the 2g airflow with my supercharger

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back