The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G non-stock alternator identification with picture

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthEasternGSX

5+ Year Contributor
Oct 19, 2018
Suffern, New_York
Good evening fellow carnuts. So my alternator started blowing fuses the other day, I took a ride to advanced auto the stock replacement's bolt pattern looks different. The car is a 2g eclipse, with a six bolt swap. The previous owner re-located it with the jay racing kit, and the bolt pattern has a weird offset, he doesn't recall where he got it. Has anyone seen an alternator like this? I've done some searching on the forum but most posts don't have pictures I can use for reference. I'm having a real problem locating a replacement. Any help from the fine people of the DSM community would be greatly appreciated.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Update: My research seems to indicate its a saturn alternator, I'm still doing some homework to make sure, but it could be for a Saturn SL-1 or SL-2

That is the most common swap other than a Galant 90 amp unit.

Anytime!!!!
I just happened to drive a SC2 as a DD (who's fuel pump gave out today on the way to work at 302000 miles 🤔.) I had to get towed home but she is a very good car.
As for the alternator swap, I'm glad you ID'd it and got it shimmed up. Does it line up good and have you been able to start the car for a test or is it in "build mode"?

I'm sorry it took so long for a reply. It's a mod that some do. I run the Galant in the stock location so far. :)
Marty

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back