The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Non divided o2 external wastegate

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrymane

Proven Member
Dec 13, 2012
port richey, Florida
Have searched around haven't really answered my question I have a 6152 with a non divorced o2 housing. Can not find a internal wg to saves life's and bought 3 already none of them work with
The turbo and the bend of the arm. So know I wanna run a external off the o2 recurculated and my big question is if it will run bad with the excess exhaust flowing since it's not sealed or divorced. I will post pics please
Help I am carless thanks to the waste gate LOL

This is my o2 I didn't think it would effect too much but I hear people say differnt things so I am coming to the pros for answers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 223
So know I wanna run a external off the o2 recurculated and my big question is if it will run bad with the excess exhaust flowing since it's not sealed or divorced.

Yes, it absolutely will hurt performance. Even with the wastegate closed, exhaust will be able to flow through the wastegate hole and into the main exhaust side. It would be like running with the wastegate stuck open; Good luck spooling the turbo.

Unless you want to go through the hassle of creating a divider, your best bet would be to weld the flapper shut and run a wastegate at the manifold.

What kind of o2 should I get the one with the o2 sealed off so it's just the exhaust only?

Already tried nobody has one for sale on here LOL unless you know somebody that would be awsome

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back