The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

noise in rear suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADrewzki

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 7, 2003
Denver, Colorado
Need some help guys. The Talon has been making a lot of strange noises in the rear suspension. It's a very loud tap or knocking sound and it only happens when I'm turning or there's a sideways force on the car. Today I took it out and did some hard swerving with it. Everytime I changed direction with the car, it "knocked" in the rear. It almost feels like the whole rear end of the chassis is sliding around or something. This might be relevant also. When I hit a bump in the road or a pot hole, the rear end hops to the right. I was thinking maybe there's something wrong with my sway bar. Anyone have this problem and maybe a fix or an idea where to start looking to fix it? Thanks.

since it is an all wheel drive car, check your axle knuckles on the rear end, you should be able to move the axle slightly with your hand, but if it is bad, it will move a bunch, maybe even pop.............hotwheels of turborides

Thanks for the starting point. I'll take a look at it later on today. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back