The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Noble M400 car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awdtalon4451

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 23, 2007
Ocean springs, Mississippi
Thought I would post this and a little info behind it cause ive never heard of or seen one before. I ran up on it getting on the high way. Its actually classified as a kit car. The rolling chassis is bought for roughly $66k, the engine and drivetrain are purchased/ installed for another $19k. and it looks to hold its own very well. Weighs in at just over 2300lbs.
Roush engineered twin turbo V-6 (425bhp/390ft-tq), 6-speed Getrag trans, 0-60mph 3.6secs, 12.2sec 1/4 mile from the factory, double wishbone suspension (front and rear)
Quick vid I got of him digging on it a little bit (cant upload the vid for some reason)
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That looks disgusting:thumbup:

That orange one isn't the best example, look at a few others and you may change your mind on their looks. Personally I've seen some that look great (IMO)

It's much more money but I'd rather get a Caterham or Ariel Atom.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would drive an Ariel Atom any day. I think those things are awesome! LOL. When I finish my GSX I want to start making a 4g63 powered vehicle much like the Ariel Atom in appearance. I just wish there was a cheap lightweight 4g63.

Well /J's super light roadster is about as close as you'll get! LOL That thing is sick.

[ame]http://youtu.be/6q5C64mwfM8[/ame]

That orange one isn't the best example, look at a few others and you may change your mind on their looks. Personally I've seen some that look great (IMO)

I meant that in a good way LOL

To clarify some things: the Noble is not a true "kit car". It's actually a factory-built car based on a design created by Lee Noble and built in Leicester. The engine is based on the V6 from a Taurus (Mondeo in England) with a pair of IHI turbos strapped to it. The reason it's a "kit car" here is because that's the DOT loophole people use to import them, since the engine comes from Ford and the chassis is built by Noble, you can classify it as a "kit car". They were not legally importable here because of the different crash impact laws. They are fast and there used to be a pair of them in a city near me. And for the Factory 5 GTM, that's not much cheaper than the M12/M400/GTOs.

The Factory 5 kit is $21k plus freight charges, $2k for a rough LS engine, and $10k for a Porsche G50 transaxle. Without the G50, the car doesn't move and is designed to work with the car. I've seen them for as cheap as $8k but they needed a rebuild, which is quite a bit. Factor in wheels/tires and you're looking at nearly $40k.

I've seen the Nobles go for $50-60k and they handle much better than the Factory 5 ever could unless you buy fully adjustable suspension components.

ONE day when i figur eout the best way to legally plate one , i will build my own open wheel roadter from scratch.. or based on the older kit car based of the 60s MGB's (or MG can't remember but use to autocross with one)

I've built kit car cobras befire at a place i worked (one from start helped finish the other) and even those you'll have 40 - -60k in easily.. kit car definitely don't mean cheap, but with as much experience as i hav ein working on ferraris and a few lambos at that same place i would say anyone with a good fab background can make something as "reliable" chassis wise. now getting the bodty and drivetrain to be as nice is another story, but i've watched many ferraris' come in with cracked parts of the chassis where they had 5 guys all TIG welding on it and some weren't as good as the others.,,lambos are better constructed chassis but the driveline's suck in them.. butall i'm getting at is if i can get the legalities figured out to plate and register, thne i can build a supercarand i hope to some day`

To clarify some things: the Noble is not a true "kit car". It's actually a factory-built car based on a design created by Lee Noble and built in Leicester. The engine is based on the V6 from a Taurus (Mondeo in England) with a pair of IHI turbos strapped to it. The reason it's a "kit car" here is because that's the DOT loophole people use to import them, since the engine comes from Ford and the chassis is built by Noble, you can classify it as a "kit car". They were not legally importable here because of the different crash impact laws. They are fast and there used to be a pair of them in a city near me. And for the Factory 5 GTM, that's not much cheaper than the M12/M400/GTOs.

The Factory 5 kit is $21k plus freight charges, $2k for a rough LS engine, and $10k for a Porsche G50 transaxle. Without the G50, the car doesn't move and is designed to work with the car. I've seen them for as cheap as $8k but they needed a rebuild, which is quite a bit. Factor in wheels/tires and you're looking at nearly $40k.

I've seen the Nobles go for $50-60k and they handle much better than the Factory 5 ever could unless you buy fully adjustable suspension components.

FF does have there new 818 kit out or coming out based off of the impreza (I don't remember if it is wrx or not) which they claim can be built for $15k including kit and donor parts

Too expensive, there are far greater choices for far less money. I can build a dsm with parts from ebay and the car will destroy that noble m400.

To clarify some things: the Noble is not a true "kit car". It's actually a factory-built car based on a design created by Lee Noble and built in Leicester.

Exactly. Factory 5 is a tossed together junkpile.

Too expensive, there are far greater choices for far less money. I can build a dsm with parts from ebay and the car will destroy that noble m400.

of course you could....let's see you build a mid engine dsm that looks that good, handles that good, then talk.

Last edited:

Maybe in a straight line, but will it go around a track for more than one lap as fast. Very doubtful. There is a serious difference between a cheap car modified to go fast (DSMs) and a more or less purpose built race car that happens to be street legal.

Maybe in a straight line, but will it go around a track for more than one lap as fast. Very doubtful. There is a serious difference between a cheap car modified to go fast (DSMs) and a more or less purpose built race car that happens to be street legal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back