The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

1G No start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsmpagan

Proven Member
Oct 29, 2013
Wolcott, Connecticut
Hey everyone. New day new issue with the car. The car doesn’t want to turn over more than once a day. I will start it up in the morning take it to work but when I get off work it won’t fire up. It won’t turn over or anything. If u wait long enough try enough times and pray a little it was eventually start up but run real bad for a while and not hold an idle. It’s not the battery I tested it. Runs very smoothly in the morning. I looked for lose wires. I tried to see if the gas cap just needed to be popped off that’s not it. Any advice would be helpful or any thing to check would help. Thanks guys. Your always the first place I turn for help.

When it doesn't start, do you hear a click? Could be the starter. When it doesn't turn over, try tapping the starter with a metal object. Could also be wiring, ignition cylinder, clutch switch (if it's manual). I had the rubber grommet fall apart on the clutch pedal that prevented the clutch switch from being depressed in all the way, so it wouldn't start.

If you don't see anything obvious, I'd check the starter signal when this is happening.

Hey everyone. New day new issue with the car. The car doesn’t want to turn over more than once a day. I will start it up in the morning take it to work but when I get off work it won’t fire up. It won’t turn over or anything. If u wait long enough try enough times and pray a little it was eventually start up but run real bad for a while and not hold an idle. It’s not the battery I tested it. Runs very smoothly in the morning. I looked for lose wires. I tried to see if the gas cap just needed to be popped off that’s not it. Any advice would be helpful or any thing to check would help. Thanks guys. Your always the first place I turn for help.
Please clarify. You said it won't fire up. Then yiu said it won't turn over. Which one is it please? Does it crank and if so does anything happen at all. Sputter etc.

Sorry for the slow reply. It has a new starter. It doesn’t click like it try’s to start. It just kinda does nothing. It has power the radio and everything works. I also did the bypass for the clutch switch so I don’t need to depress the clutch to turn it over.

There’s only two wires to the starter. Thick one with the nut is straight to battery and the other smaller gauge wire is the signal from the ignition. Should have a “long” plastic connector. It’s grounded by the body. Use a multimeter with one lead on ground and the other to the starter signal. Have someone turn the key and you should see battery voltage.

Didn’t you change the starter?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back