The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

No start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eclipse 1998

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2010
,, Indiana
So about 3 weeks ago I finally put a new battery in and car started up, drove it to shell put some injector cleaner in and filled her up, then drove home. Car didn't start next morning. Ordered Oem coil and transistor, 10mm wires and new bpr8es plugs. Installed it all last night and car still won't start. Getting 43 psi fuel pressure after the rail. I have no idea what to check next. Car does crank.

Did you actually check for spark? Also, check your timing, unplug and plug in your coolant temp sensor with the key in the on position and you should hear a buzz, that means it's working. You could also check for voltage. Is there a check engine light on?

Did you actually check for spark? Also, check your timing, unplug and plug in your coolant temp sensor with the key in the on position and you should hear a buzz, that means it's working. You could also check for voltage. Is there a check engine light on?

Yes I checked each plug. I will check the temp sensor, and CEL but it may be pulled haven't checked

Check those codes then.. Have you ever replaced them? If you do, make sure you get OEM sensors only. I made the mistake of buying autzone brands and they ended up failing on me just a few days later. Sucks because you have to undo your timing to get to them.

Try cranking fast if the check engine light stays lit while cranking your crank sensor is no good or wiring.

Update, so my obd2 wasn't working properly a short somewhere. But I pulled the fuel pump fuse and the car started right up for about 2 seconds. Put the fuse back in and it runs fine, did a 34psi pull today, little breakup though. I guess the engine was just too flooded.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back