The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

no start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Volkznada

Probationary Member
Jul 2, 2009
Warsaw, Indiana
My wife was driving earlier and the car stopped running. I have spark on all four cylinders. I have fuel pressure to the rail. I checked and replaced the 20 amp relay for the injectors. My best guess is the injectors are not firing but not sure why. Suggestions?

Theres a resistor pack on the firewall that could have gone, check out this link for more info. 1g Resistor Pack

You can listen for the injectors firing by pulling off your CAS (cam angle sensor) 1g CAS and spinning it with your finger while the key is in the "ON" position. Just listen for the injectors clicking (pulsing) as you rotate it, if they aren't then test that resistor pack with a DMM.
NOTE: When you remove the CAS take note of how its oriented in the head because it needs to go back in the EXACT same way you pulled it out, if you put it in there wrong your timing will be off.

108217d1270649790-bad-injector-resistor-box-how-test-resistor.jpg

Have fun and post up what you find!

:dsm:

Starter was fine. Some sort of epic engine failure took place when trying to start the car. Thanks for the help.

Sorry to hear that. Easiest check is to remove the top timing belt cover to see if the belt broke or if it jumped timing. If the belt is intact and you can still rotate the crank with a 1/2" ratchet then check to see if all the timing marks line up. If you can't rotate the crank then you know you'll have to pull to engine to find out exactly what went wrong. Might be a spun bearing that lead to a bent rod. If you can remove the oil pan a quick visual check should show that. Look for metal in the oil pan if you can't see a bent rod or some other obvious failure like a big hole in the side of the block letting sunlight in.

Brand new dampner. Everything tourqed properly. Center bolt somehow became loose. The gear behind the damper is wobbly. Metal shavings in the oil. All this happened when starting the motor. Ill post pics of the damage.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back