The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

1G No Start - No Spark, No Fuel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsiawd90

Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2017
Houston, Texas
I need some help here I am stumped.

I bought a non running 1990 Eagle Talon, I have replaced the motor, fuel pump, clutch and turbo. I have everything that I can see hooked up.

The check engine light comes on for 5 seconds and goes off the boost guage goes up half way and stays.

I have swapped the ECU, I have checked the CAS position. I have checked my fuses. Nothing seems to change.

Looking for other things I should replace, check or inspect.

No start, no spark and no fuel from the injectors. I have fuel to the rail. I have a coolant light that is coming on.

Maybe I should check the CTS? Is there a way to bypass the sensor to see if that is the problem before replacing?

They?

Glad you got it sorted.

They is the mechanic that was putting in the motor. I think "they" connected the sensors together when they lowered the motor into the engine bay.

I have the car at my friends mechanic shop, they are working on the project as well. I don't have all the equipment or time to do everything that has been done to get this car running. I'll start a build thread later but this has been quite the project. There is a probably still quite a ways to go.

My plan was to get the car running and driving and then finish the project at my house. I had the car delivered straight over there after purchasing.

Agreed, this is one of the mistakes made in the design on the first year cars that they corrected in 91. I would have liked to sat in on some of the feedback sessions down in Normal during the early years.

Speculating on how/why things happened can be an interesting spectator sport.
Some things are easy like in this case, they used existing sensors from other vehicles and that drove the harness design. You see the change to the 91+ style parts across the product lines about same time so what was the driving factor is had to tell if you weren't there at the time.

I've had some interesting discussions back when there were Factory MOD's in Normal but few people had insight into the "why" meetings.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back