1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G No Start - No Spark, No Fuel

Posted by tsiawd90, Jul 2, 2019

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. steve

steve DSM Wiseman

Joined Feb 3, 2002
    St. Charles, Illinois
    They?

Glad you got it sorted.

3K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  2. tsiawd90

tsiawd90 Supporting Member

Joined Nov 16, 2017
    Houston, Texas
    They is the mechanic that was putting in the motor. I think "they" connected the sensors together when they lowered the motor into the engine bay.

I have the car at my friends mechanic shop, they are working on the project as well. I don't have all the equipment or time to do everything that has been done to get this car running. I'll start a build thread later but this has been quite the project. There is a probably still quite a ways to go.

My plan was to get the car running and driving and then finish the project at my house. I had the car delivered straight over there after purchasing.

3. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    Sensors and harness ends should be male/female. Mistakes like this happen at a shop.

Street Build 3K  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. steve

steve DSM Wiseman

Joined Feb 3, 2002
    St. Charles, Illinois
    Agreed, this is one of the mistakes made in the design on the first year cars that they corrected in 91. I would have liked to sat in on some of the feedback sessions down in Normal during the early years.

3K  0

manual · 1G DSM
  5. Cherry

Cherry Proven Member

Joined Jun 16, 2019
    Hull, Georgia
    They might of thought when designing it, no one would plug a sensor into another sensor and not the wiring harness. I guess they were wrong.

Street Build 226  3

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM
  6. steve

steve DSM Wiseman

Joined Feb 3, 2002
    St. Charles, Illinois
    Speculating on how/why things happened can be an interesting spectator sport.
    Some things are easy like in this case, they used existing sensors from other vehicles and that drove the harness design. You see the change to the 91+ style parts across the product lines about same time so what was the driving factor is had to tell if you weren't there at the time.

I've had some interesting discussions back when there were Factory MOD's in Normal but few people had insight into the "why" meetings.

3K  0

manual · 1G DSM