The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420A no start after rebuld

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhunfiyell

Proven Member
Dec 12, 2012
williamstown, New_Jersey
replaced seals and head gasket and now my car wont start. it cranks, i see it wants to start but it doesnt. i even got my buddy to give me a jump, and still no start. also, i did an oil change and i noticed that there was oil coming out of my timing belt? then i realized that my rings from the cams wasnt in the right position, so i moved it over some to the grove of the head. but anyways, im not sure if thats the reason for the oil leak. my car wont start, whats my next approach?

Is your cas plug in? Compression has little to do with this. Cas unplug will cause motor to crank but not start. Double check timing see if it is on correct too.

Also check if fuel injectors are sitting correctly as tight. Leaking injectors also cause no start.

what is cas?

also, i redid my valves, wasnt sure if that would have changed my compression? see im a newb, i just give out information to increase the solution.

my battery is on right now as well, and my lights turn on after opening the doors and what not, headlights turn on, hazards and everything. if this info helps. Wasnt sure if it was a battery problem? can it also be fuses?

Cam/crank angle sensor. It should be right off the valve cover where cam shaft connect to. Recheck timing and injectors. Compression is easy. Youtube it. You need to rent or buy the tester tho

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back