The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G No start after hg

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ces4rDSM

Proven Member
Feb 2, 2019
watsonville, California
I replaced my hg and now everything is put together. I'm not sure if timing is off, I want that to be the last possible thing that could happen anything that might be affecting the car to start ? It almost runs but doesn't quite get there.

Yea should have checked timing again but I was sure about it, I hadn't started car in months so it might just be low battery charge. Will still do a compression check.

Are valve replacements expensive? As in doing it yourself?

I have stock cans I think, or idk cams look to be the same, they definitely stock tho. I've seen pics of cans and they should look different as in the design of the holes but they are identical.

I did a 180 change to my CAS this morning but battery was too low. Would 180 degrees on CAS cause the car not to start ? If it was CAS I thought it'd still start.

This car has made me want to cry LOL so many problems and I haven't ran it since I got it with a hg problem, it would overheat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the grounds as well, if grounds are bad then things wont see the right voltages and can cause all sorts of problems. Checking grounds is free and all it takes is a little time cleaning them. Even the youngest DSM is 20 years old by now, its entirely possible, and for a car that has sat there, to develop bad grounds.

For your valve question, depends what went wrong. If the valve guides or seat are bad, you’ll need to have a machine shop look at it. Just simply replacing valve you can do that yourself with some tools. YouTube lapping valves.

Valve compressor $100
Lapping tool and compound $30
Valve seals $???

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back