The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

No start after fuel upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcmc

Probationary Member
Mar 13, 2019
Owasso, Oklahoma
Hey guys, first time poster here. I have tried as hard as I can to do my homework before making this post. My 95 tsi will not start. Here's the order of events:
  • Car is running and driving, but has fuel pressure issue
  • car sits for 3 weeks and battery dies from power draw somewhere
  • I install new fuel -8 and -6 fuel lines, and new regulator
  • charge car up overnight
  • car will not start
As far as I can tell, the injectors are not firing. Everything else seems to be in good shape. Here's a list of stuff I've checked:
  • checked CAS by spinning it and checking for spark - All 4 cylinders have spark.
  • checked resistor pack on firewall with a multimeter - all resistors metered 7ish ohms.
  • checked caps in ECU - all good
  • checked 12v to injectors - all injectors have 12v
  • grounded injectors to battery - they all will click when briefly grounded
  • metered all injectors, 4.7ish ohms on all
  • TPS is reading accurately
  • changed spark plugs - just to be safe
  • put noid lights on injector wires - no light
  • installed fuel pressure sensor on regulator - fuel pressure is a consistent 43psi even when cranking
Other possibly useful information:
  • car has a walbro 450 and fuel pump power upgrade
  • car is on speed density
  • fuel pressure sensor is on the baro input
  • car has link v3
  • AEM FPR
  • omni 4 bar
  • LC1 wideband
  • aem fuel rail
  • FIC 1220cc low-z injectors
I have been stuck on this for 4 days, and have read every no-start thread I can find, and I am stumped. My (remote) tuner is out of ideas as well. I have posted a log of it cranking.

Thanks

Attachments

• log.2019.05.26-02.elg
    11.8 KB · Views: 35
UPDATE:

When I turn the key on and spin the cas, I have spark, I can hear all 4 injectors click, and the fuel pump runs.

Also forgot to mention the car is a 6bolt swap.

for some reason the noid lights I got from the big O don't work.

So what actually seems to be happening is the car cuts fuel right after it start cranking?? usually it will barely fire, then just keep cranking. Video attached.

https://streamable.com/ks790

Might have to back-probe the injectors and see what's happening while cranking, fuel pump as well. What does your fuel pressure read at, and are you positive the reading is correct, does it fluctuate at all?

Also, do you have the plug wires in the correct order for a 6 bolt swap? Have you checked if your plugs are wet with fuel at all?

Fuel pressure is steady at 43PSI, even when cranking. I have pulled the fuel rail and made sure everything is clean, and made sure there are no clogs in the injectors. It acts like it’s cutting fuel right after the cranking starts?? This was a running driving car before I changed out the fuel lines. 3 weeks went by between it last running, and me trying to start it with the new fuel lines. Are there any sensors in the stock 2g fuel system that aren’t seeing fuel that would cause it to not start?

You don't by chance have the fuel lines backwards do you?
There's not any sensors that I can recall having any effect. If the injectors spray fuel, you have spark, and compression is decent, only things to check are mechanical timing and proper plug wire order.

Fuel lines are correct, I pulled the return at the tank and it’s returning fuel like it should

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back