The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G No Start 6bolt 2gAuto

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vdubzr32

Proven Member
Nov 16, 2012
Lake Hopatcong, New_Jersey
Ok so I recently finished my build 6bolt 2g head with CAS. While doing so I converted the 5 Speed to an Auto AWD. I have everything installed and the car cranks but no start. List of mods and things I’ve checked.
built" 6 bolt motor. 2g head CAS conversion, 272 cams,BS deleted, TPI converter, 255 fuel pump, AFPR, gt35r turbo, Dsmlink v3 with Speed Density, 1200 pte injectors, fuel labs filter 6an fuel lines from pump to fuel rail

Installed CAS with TDC and the line going horizontal. As per everything I’ve read.

I checked for spark, I have spark.
I tested the CAS works properly.
I turned the key to check ECU function on dash engine light stays on 5 sec or so then goes off.
Fuel pump works I can turn it on and off with Link.
I get fuel pressure to the Fuel Rail.
Opened ECU didn’t see anything out of the ordinary.

WHAT I DON’T GET IS FUEL OUT OF THE INJECTORS.

I tested injectors with test light I get power to them.

I swapped injectors thinking they were clogged to no avail the other set didn’t spit fuel either.

I’ve checked the Injector Resistor pack and it tested fine as per the other threads I’ve read on forums with similar issues. Ohms were within specs

Any help will be greatly appreciated, this has stomped me. Thanks

Last edited:
Here's today try of trying to start the car. Log is posted below again it cranks but no start. I checked my wiring order, its correct. Is there anything else that can be seen from the log. This has me scratching my head.

Attachments

• log.2019.05.05-01.elg no start.elg
    18.3 KB · Views: 27
  • log.2019.05.05-01.elg no start 2.elg
    16.1 KB · Views: 30
Is the cas 180* out? Put the engine at TDC,pull the CAS and verify the notch on the CAS lines up with the mark on the housing of the CAS.

Is the cas 180* out? Put the engine at TDC,pull the CAS and verify the notch on the CAS lines up with the mark on the housing of the CAS.

Yes sir it is, I’ve verified it as well again today.

Besides the ECU, what controls the injectors to pulse

The MFI Fuse- Dash engine light comes on 5 sec is a way to test if the MFI is working. The car does this.

The injector restrictor box-tested working properly ohms within working numbers.

Make sure you have proper signal for 1g CAS from your wiring harness of car to CAS. I’ve had this problem before. This was my issue due to bad signal to CAS from cars engine harness. Are your plugs getting soaked with gas?

Yea everything has been cleaned, i just sent out injectors to be flowed n cleaned. They did sit for a few months could have possibly gotten clogged. I will update once I get word.

Yeah I’ve had that issue with a set of 660cc.I was swapping them out when I went to speed density but all of a sudden car wouldn’t fire up. Took them out and out and put in a set of 560s and wala fires right up. Do you have a set Laying around while your waiting for those to be flow tested and cleaned so you can see?

Yea everything has been cleaned, i just sent out injectors to be flowed n cleaned. They did sit for a few months could have possibly gotten clogged. I will update once I get word.

Yeah I’ve had that issue with a set of 660cc.I was swapping them out when I went to speed density but all of a sudden car wouldn’t fire up. Took them out and out and put in a set of 560s and wala fires right up. Do you have a set Laying around while your waiting for those to be flow tested and cleaned so you can see?

I do t have a set. I have a set of Honda 1600cc but they are different. I’ll just have to wait a few days and hope that’s the issue.

I just spoke to the shop cleaning the injectors. Two of the injectors were clogged shut and the other two were still spraying but clogged. So the entire time the injectors were shit from storage. Brand new.

I got the injectors back, installed them and the car fired right up.

I posted a log of the first start up in two years

Attachments

• log.2019.05.23-01.elg start.elg
    51 KB · Views: 17
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back