The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G No spark

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isaiahtr

Probationary Member
Mar 19, 2022
Eagle River, Alaska
I have a 1996 GSX
There are 3 wires coming out of the wire harness behind the throttle body(as pictured). They match the colors of the wires going into my distributor so I assume that is why I am not getting any spark. There is no obvious spot for them to go and two of them are actually broken so cant really look for hanging connectors. Any ideas what they go to?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Check this post, it has many of the connectors identified.

The blue one is the Engine Speed Detection, #53, The brown one is the fuel pump check
These connectors are left unconnected in normal operation. But the 2 wires going to 53 have to stay connected to each other.

If you have a distributor on a GSX, you have bigger problems. They did not come with one from the factory. Do you mean a Cam Angle Sensor? Looking at the little metal retainer clip sitting next to the brown connector cover, it looks like you may have a 1G CAS in the car?

Check this post, it has many of the connectors identified.

The blue one is the Engine Speed Detection, #53, The brown one is the fuel pump check
These connectors are left unconnected in normal operation. But the 2 wires going to 53 have to stay connected to each other.

If you have a distributor on a GSX, you have bigger problems. They did not come with one from the factory. Do you mean a Cam Angle Sensor? Looking at the little metal retainer clip sitting next to the brown connector cover, it looks like you may have a 1G CAS in the car?
Nah sorry I meant coils idk what I was on. So everything has power and I replaced everything including the Crank Position sensor. Turns out there is a Viper ESP 300 security system under the dash and I have no fob. I assume that is stopping me from getting power so I have to undo all that wiring. This is going to be fun.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back