The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G no spark or fuel. ecu problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91awdtsi87

Probationary Member
Jun 28, 2011
waterford, Michigan
hey guys im new to the site names shaun.ill get right to the point. i bought a 1991 eagle talon awd tsi 5spd the other day.didnt run guy didnt know what was wrong with it. so i got to messing with it today. it cranks over but doesnt try to start at all. so i checked the spark and not getting spark and the plugs arnt wet and i cant hear the pump kick on at all.
so i pulled the ecu because i heard the capicators leak and sure enough they have leaked. the damage doesnt look to bad . but would this b the reason i am not getting any spark or fuel??
thanks for any and all help. just trying to figure out where to start.

btw the car is completely stock with 180000 miles

and also if anyone could tell me what ecu's i can use for this car please like does it have to b out of a turbo awd 5spd car or ????thanks

Last edited:
It does kind of sound like the ECU may have checked out, and any ECU for a 1st gen turbo models should work, I do not believe there is a difference from the FWD to AWD computers.

miguelmcv's post was made as mine was in progress, that is a pretty good article by the way.

okk cool thanks guys. but for the ecu it has to b out of a first gen turbo 5spd car correct?? the code on the ecu is md166262 but ware there any other ones that will work?? sorry im new to this.
the car turns over just wont even try to start

You need a 1991-1994 First Generation ECU. The ECU must also be from a 5-speed car. The automatic cars had smaller cams, turbo, injectors, etc.

A 1990 will work with some modifications, stay away if your a newb.

ok cool thanks for all the info. went to some junkyards but were unable to find any ecus all were either already gone or was a non turbo. anyone know where to get an ecu around 75 100 bucks??

one more question it can be an ecu out of a fwd car and work in my awd correct??? just want to make sure soi dont buy wrong ecu as long as its a MT turbo 91-94 im good right????

ok cool thanks for all the info. went to some junkyards but were unable to find any ecus all were either already gone or was a non turbo. anyone know where to get an ecu around 75 100 bucks??

one more question it can be an ecu out of a fwd car and work in my awd correct??? just want to make sure soi dont buy wrong ecu as long as its a MT turbo 91-94 im good right????

Yes.
As far is a Turbo. It doesn't matter.

ok hey guys whats up im back again LOL so i got an ecu off ebay because i couldnt find one locally hooked it up and still the same problem. the fuel pump is not turning on and i am getting no spark. what could be my problem? what causes me to have no spark and no fuel????please help

can someone please tell me how to pull codes on this car. i tried using a test light and from 1 and 12 pin but it doesnt flash when i turn key on.

yea the ecu is good it was onyl 50 buxks vs getn the other one fixed so i just baught it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back