The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

no spark help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talontuner1997

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 19, 2006
St. Catharines, Ontario_Canada
Ok so i went to start my new engine and transmission today after installing everything back in the car, and i have no spark. I checked cylinder 4 and 2 and they have no spark, i did not check 1 and 3. Engine is now a 6bolt head with 7bolt bottom end. The dead time is set and so is the global. Im running 850cc injectors, i think its set to 330 and -47 or something cant remember. when i first checked the codes the crank shaft angle sensor was lit up. I got my dad to swap the plug thinking it was in the wrong spot, i then checked a site to make sure it was hooked up right. I cleared the code and it did not come back on. I checked all fuses. I can hear the fuel pump when im cranking. I did nothing to set the cam shaft angle sensor was i suppost to? Any thoughts guys? i also swaped the the plugs at the coil 1-3 2-4 and inverted cas.

Did you take the plugs out and put them at the end of the plugs to watch it spark? the problem for my friends 2g was the transistor. 2 sparked and 2 didnt. Or your coil could be bad. Also I know there is a certain order for a 1g CAS on a 2g. I know thats what you were talking about but I dont know the order off my head.

Since you have no spark on 4 and 2 makes me think you do not have power to the coils i would make sure you have power there. If you do then its your coils or your transistor. As far as the inverted cam i know when i had my 6 bolt in i had to have it on just follow RRE Instructions:thumb:

i have no spark at the coil.. and im still using the 97style cam shaft angle sensor it does not need to be modded.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back